Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Help please

Post Thanks / Like
    sometimes mine do the same thing and I tare it out and recount my stitches and find that somehow I miss counted.Did you count your stitches? if not you should restart it and count them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello grammiepamie. I just recently made a pair of booties for a new mom..It was a very simple pattern. Here is the link to it...

http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/WR1759.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a pair of booties that I have made and they are really easy...Hope this helps if it is what you are looking for...

Baby Boots Crochet Pattern | Red Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks jcfsga I will try these next....I have to thank all you great ladies in trying to help me with my bootie problem. I have become obsessed with making booties that are both the same size. The more I make the better my chances of 2 of them being the same size increases. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Will let you know of the progress. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you grammiepamie, keep at it you will get it.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Grammiepamie! LOL! Yup, just hang in there and make dishcloths, trivets or a Scarf? Yea, it is probably your tension or U lost count???? When learning to crochet its easy to get used to having the same tension by making quick flat projects when starting out so U can see how your tension is being maintained.....Or so I have read....LOL! I didn't start out with the above items first either. My First Project was a top/Spagetti type top and it was entertaining to look at and was WAY BIGGER THAN IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE and a little lop sided! LOL! U should have seen the way my Daughter looked at it when I gave it to her! Needless to say she gave it back! LOL! I am keeping it as a reminder to start simple, follow directions make a Guage Swatch! Don't give up! Keep Crocheting! But most of all Have Fun Crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    marybethblus--thanks for the encouragement. I do flat things like a pro. LOL I have enough aphghans to last a lifetime. I could probably display a new one everyday for the next 2 or 3 years. LOL Well maybe for a year and a half. LOL. I have spent most of the morning taking inventory of my yarn stash. I have enough yarn I could probably make everyone person and child in the state of Florida a sweater if I could make a sweater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is all over the livingroom floor. My dog is looking at me as if he wants to say, "Are you crazy mom? Get busy, make me a new blankie. Use this color and that color and oh maybe a little of this color. What do you think of these colors together? When will it be ready? Huh, huh ??????????" I had no idea I had this much yarn. I think I need a therapist!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFL

8. Likes marybethblus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi grammiepami,
    Doesn't it just warm you heart to see all your yarn out in front of you though? I love it. Then all the ideas start swarming around in your head. Happy, happy day.
    Judi G

10. Likes marybethblus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a thought. Have you considered getting the class from Interweave called Beyond Basics? It shows you how to make a baby sweater. Really helped me. You can use what you learn on adult sized garments. It's not too expensive. They give you a preview, see if you think it might help. Caro

12. Likes marybethblus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Honey I am a long time crocheter and I found that if you don't count your stitches when making booties you will always have one bigger then the other.I learned that the hard way,because everytime I made a pair the same thing happened to me and my grand mother told me that I needed to count my stitches and they came out the same size after that.

14. Likes marybethblus liked this post