Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm making a different color hat

I'm making a different color unicorn hat. I'll post a picture when finished. I also have 1 or 2 more animal hats to do that's not a unicorn. I don't have any patterns for the animal hats. I have an idea though. Maybe I can make a hat like the ones I've been making and put fringes on it and eyes, maybe nostrils, a tongue? for a boy. The other hat is for a girl. Any ideas or patterns for a boy hat or a girl hat that's not a unicorn? The boy is 3 and the girl is 1 and a half I believe.

I might have 1 more unicorn hat to make besides the unicorn hat I'm making.

The first 2 unicorn hats I made (that would fit babies) I sold. Since then I made 8 more of the unicorn baby hats. (although the pattern says it fits her 5 year old girl, the ones I made fit babies). Not sure if I knew that the hats only fit babies or what age the person bought them for when I sold the first 2 unicorn hats. Out of the 8 unicorn baby hats I made I sold one and have 2 hats set aside for a couple people that might want them. I've also sold 2 of the larger hats. The unicorn hat I'm working on now plus I have 3 more larger unicorn hats for people. That's 16 unicorn hats (including the hats for babies and the larger hats) that's not counting the 2 animal hats.

the 2 unicorn hats I made first plus the 8 hats plus the 2 larger hats and the ones I have now for people = 16 hats - some of them I did a while back. Some of the hats need ties on yet.

Jean Marie
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-05-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this pattern but it only fits 3-6 month old. Daisy Duck Inspired Baby Hat Crochet Pattern - Hopeful Honey I'd have to increase on one more rnd except not putting in all the increases ( I did this with dc stitches) before I do rnds 7-12

I guess this pattern above is o.k. to make and sell the finished product?

Any other ideas or patterns for hats are welcome.

The unicorn hats are dc. The daisy duck pattern above is hdc.
    If I make this for the 1 and a half year old and do 1 more rnd of increases but not all of the increases how many increases do you think would be good to do on the last rnd?(which would be 1 more rnd on increasing) With dc sts and 1 more rnd of increasing there's 6 times to increase but I had taken 2 of the increases out on a couple unicorn hats.

On the daisy duck hat pattern on rnd 5 it says you should have 40 sts. At the end of rnd 6 it says you should have 53 sts but rnd 6 is increasing in every other stitch. so shouldn't it be that person should have 60 stitches at the end of rnd 6?
    This must've been the pattern for the 3-6 months old. I found another pattern for a toddler size daisy duck hat. I don't know she wants the daisy duck hat but I'm not sure what size to make it if she wants it but I'd probably figure it out.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-09-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working on the boys hat. I haven't started the girls hat yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I just responded to your PM on the question you have on round 6.
    Don't forget that the first chain2 of the round and the end counts as a HDC. Also when you count the number of stitches don't count the 2 HDC in the same stitch as 2 HDC they are counting the stitch not the HDC.
    If you do it that way you will come up with the 53 for round 6.

I don' know if you remember this or not but I shared a baby dress pattern that you had a problem with the stitch count and it was the same thing you were counting all of the DC's not just the stitch. That drives me crazy in the written patterns because the pattern says you will have (example 53HDC) but you don't you only count the stitch not the 2HDC you put in one stitch.

Hope this helps,
    Spoula

5. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I'm a Duck fan. If someone would please design an Uncle Scrooge or Donald inspired hat, I'd be so happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Donald Duck Inspired Baby Hat Crochet Pattern - Hopeful Honey

You can always google 'free pattern crocheted duck hat' or 'free pattern crocheted uncle scrooge hat'

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MeToo, Do you have somebody in mind that you want to make the scrooge hat for?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for reply. Not necessarily an Uncle Scrooge or Donald Duck hat, but any kind of project, maybe just a figurine/toy. I am looking for something realistic in appearance.

@Jean Marie. Tks for your suggestion. - MeToo.

10. Likes spoula liked this post