Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you figure out this pattern?

2. Thanks Bonnie_in_MI thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I clicked on all 3 links and they don't work they are private messages for you.
    What is the question?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I also tried the three links and they are not coming up either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bonnie_in_MI

Question Hello, New with Unposted Introduction

Hi Jean,
    I saw your replies and daily scripture posts, you seem very helpful in the forums and it does show you as a senior member. How long does it take for a new introduction and request for help with a crochet row to be approved for posting by the forum admin usually? I'm Bonnie, also from Michigan. I posted just yesterday and really need help with a row of a blanket from a free pattern I've been working on. I've been trying to seek help in many posts via FB and even directly messaged the designer of the pattern several weeks ago. I cannot seem to find help anywhere though. Do you know if the admin takes much time to approve the posts? Thanks for any help you can offer. I'm not even sure you will receive my private message though, perhaps this isn't approved either. God Bless and thank you, Bonnie (in Houghton Lake, MI.)

Hi Bonnie,
    Yes, I am a long time member of Crochet Talk. Thank You. Other people on here like to help too. I don't know about approving a post. Barbara G. is the Moderator. What do you need help with on the blanket you are working on?

May God Bless You
    Jean Marie
    Hi Jean Marie,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm working on a free pattern found here: Lots of Love Blanket Crochet Pattern - The Lavender Chair It's the "Lots of Love Blanket by Dorianna Rivelli of The Lavender Chair. On Row 23, it says I should have a total of 87 stitches and 37 Chain 1 spaces. My problem is, the pattern doesn't specifically state where to DC and then CH 1, so I've had to figure this out on each row as I have crocheted, but on Row 23, I have not been able to figure this out and my total count of chain 1 spaces is more than the 37, which also is throwing off the count of the stitches as well at the end of the row. I may even be wrong on how I've stitched the entire blanket so far if I've not read the pattern correctly, but so far, I can see the hearts in the blanket as shown in the picture on her webpage blog. I'm not sure if it's possible for me to post a picture of mine here, if it would help to actually see what I have done so far, I can try to figure out how a pic is posted in a reply for you. Thanks again for your help, I really do appreciate someone replying and trying to help, Bonnie

Re: Hello, New with Unposted Introduction

Hi Jean Marie,

Yes, Please do post my message there, since it won't allow me to do so until I'm approved. I would really appreciate if you did so. Thank you!
    Bonnie

Hi Jean Marie,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm working on a free pattern found here: Lots of Love Blanket Crochet Pattern - The Lavender Chair It's the "Lots of Love Blanket by Dorianna Rivelli of The Lavender Chair. On Row 23, it says I should have a total of 87 stitches and 37 Chain 1 spaces. My problem is, the pattern doesn't specifically state where to DC and then CH 1, so I've had to figure this out on each row as I have crocheted, but on Row 23, I have not been able to figure this out and my total count of chain 1 spaces is more than the 37, which also is throwing off the count of the stitches as well at the end of the row. I may even be wrong on how I've stitched the entire blanket so far if I've not read the pattern correctly, but so far, I can see the hearts in the blanket as shown in the picture on her webpage blog. I'm not sure if it's possible for me to post a picture of mine here, if it would help to actually see what I have done so far, I can try to figure out how a pic is posted in a reply for you. Thanks again for your help, I really do appreciate someone replying and trying to help, Bonnie[/QUOTE]

Hi Bonnie,
    I'm still trying to figure this out. Starting on row 1 it's 154 stitches. Row 22 is 154 stitches. Row 24 is 154 stitches. Row 23 is not 154 stitches. 87 + 37 = 124. 124+30=154 but if you add 15 to each side that's 30 but 87+15=102 and 37+15=52. 102+52=154. I didn't think it added up but I see it does add up. Do you mind if I post your message on Crochet Talk?
    Jean Marie[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-25-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, Perhaps I am able to post today, I am Bonnie, from Houghton Lake, MI. I'm new to the forums and was not able to post until 24 hours had passed. The links Jean Marie posted were via a private message I sent to her asking about forum posting approval. She asked me if it was ok to post my message on the forums, since I was not yet able to do so, and I welcomed her posting for me. I'm trying to complete a blanket for my grand-daughter for a baby due in March. It's the Lots of Love Blanket from "The Lavender Chair", with a designer by the name of Dorianna Rivelli. I have been crocheting off and on for the past 15+ years and have been very frustrated with this patterns Row# 23. My stitches will not come out to the 37 chain 1 spaces and 87 stitches at the end of this row, no matter how many times I frog and retry. Perhaps it is a pattern mistake in this Row, I checked on the Facebook post on her page, other rows were noted with errors and fixed prior to my trying this pattern, but there is nothing mentioned about Row 23. I have tried private messaging the designer for help, but,she does not respond to my message, nor my posts on her face book group on the blanket pattern posting itself. The pattern is a free pattern if her blog is visited, so I do not think I'm doing anything wrong in sharing this information to get help, if I am, I do apologize in advance. I have posted the rows written instructions below, also of note is that the previous row has a total number of 154 stitches and there aren't any decreases noted in the pattern for row 23. Also, I find it unusual (and personally a bit annoying) that this pattern is so vague with the instructions as to where the Ch1 spaces are to be used after the DC stitches. I've had to just guess while trying to follow the previous row's guesses for chain 1 spaces. I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments if anyone would see if they understand this patterns instructions for this row, and how to get the row to work out. Several times, I've wanted to just give it up and place it in an unfinished projects pile, but, I've worked to get this far and figure the pattern out, I would really rather finish it and make a gift of it. I don't think I'd like to make this one again anytime soon though. Thank you for any help offered, Bonnie Row 23 written pattern below:

Row 23: Chain 4 (counts as first Dc and chain 1 space). TURN. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 6. *Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 3. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 10* Repeat from * to * a total of 4 times. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 3. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 6. (Making final Dc in the 3 chain of turning chain.) (87 stitches + 37 chain 1 spaces)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie_in_MI View Post
    Hi everyone, Perhaps I am able to post today, I am Bonnie, from Houghton Lake, MI. I'm new to the forums and was not able to post until 24 hours had passed. The links Jean Marie posted were via a private message I sent to her asking about forum posting approval. She asked me if it was ok to post my message on the forums, since I was not yet able to do so, and I welcomed her posting for me. I'm trying to complete a blanket for my grand-daughter for a baby due in March. It's the Lots of Love Blanket from "The Lavender Chair", with a designer by the name of Dorianna Rivelli. I have been crocheting off and on for the past 15+ years and have been very frustrated with this patterns Row# 23. My stitches will not come out to the 37 chain 1 spaces and 87 stitches at the end of this row, no matter how many times I frog and retry. Perhaps it is a pattern mistake in this Row, I checked on the Facebook post on her page, other rows were noted with errors and fixed prior to my trying this pattern, but there is nothing mentioned about Row 23. I have tried private messaging the designer for help, but,she does not respond to my message, nor my posts on her face book group on the blanket pattern posting itself. The pattern is a free pattern if her blog is visited, so I do not think I'm doing anything wrong in sharing this information to get help, if I am, I do apologize in advance. I have posted the rows written instructions below, also of note is that the previous row has a total number of 154 stitches and there aren't any decreases noted in the pattern for row 23. Also, I find it unusual (and personally a bit annoying) that this pattern is so vague with the instructions as to where the Ch1 spaces are to be used after the DC stitches. I've had to just guess while trying to follow the previous row's guesses for chain 1 spaces. I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments if anyone would see if they understand this patterns instructions for this row, and how to get the row to work out. Several times, I've wanted to just give it up and place it in an unfinished projects pile, but, I've worked to get this far and figure the pattern out, I would really rather finish it and make a gift of it. I don't think I'd like to make this one again anytime soon though. Thank you for any help offered, Bonnie Row 23 written pattern below:

Row 23: Chain 4 (counts as first Dc and chain 1 space). TURN. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 6. *Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 3. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 10* Repeat from * to * a total of 4 times. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 3. Dc in the next 2 stitches. (Skip the next stitch. Dc in the next stitch.) x’s 6. (Making final Dc in the 3 chain of turning chain.) (87 stitches + 37 chain 1 spaces)
    Dear Bonnie.....
    I do not see any ch-1 spaces stated in your pattern/row 23. So I guess if you don't & I don't, I wouldn't think that both of us were blind. Is this the part of the afghan that has the solid hearts & then open mesh? If it were me.... I would stick with what you already have figured out and finish your blanket with just striping the colors. It looks like that the 2nd set hearts is just a mirror image of the first with being open vs. solid. I don't know if this helps but I hope a little bit.

Good Luck & God Bless ya.
    Post a pix when you are able to finish. I'll be looking forward to seeing it!!

Myra

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bonnie,
    Did you ever finish the blanket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Myra,
    I just saw this post and by now I am sure Bonnie has completed her blanket or given up.
    The pattern must have been corrected because I just looked at the link Jean Marie posted and row 23 does have ch1's and skipped stitches and the total matches row 22 by 10 decreases each.
    Just in case anybody wants to make this pretty blanket looks like the issue has been fixed.

By the way, how have you be? I haven't seen to many post from you lately I hope all is well with you.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    This is an old post which I happened to see and wondered if she ever finished the blanket.