Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

This isn't the way I learned to do a treble stitch

On this video she makes a leaf and her treble crochet is wrapping the yarn around once and then with 3 loops on hook she pulls the yarn through one loop and then she pulls the yarn through two loops and then through the last two loops.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I've never seen a triple done that way, either. She does say that her method is different and we should do it "whichever way you're comfortable". I can't see the point. Why reinvent the wheel.*

Her little leaves are kind of cute anyway.

*from wikipedia: "To reinvent the wheel is to duplicate a basic method that has already previously been created or optimized by others."

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have seen this done before and I think that what she is making she does the trebble that way to keep the stitch uniform. A trebble stitch is longer then the dc and sc and I think by doing it her way the trebble won't be to high above the other stitches.

The Internet is great to see how other stitches are made and so many different styles.
    Spoula

4. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    A trebble stitch is longer then the dc and sc and I think by doing it her way the trebble won't be to high above the other stitches.

That may be, but why would she say for us to do whatever version of the treble feels "comfortable" for us? I should think that the point is to get the best result, i.e., the nicest looking leaves.

If I were making the video, I would say that this treble of mine is different but it's necessary in this case.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't try to over think it so your last sentence may be the right thing to say. I would have done the treble my way and if the stitch turned out to big I would have tried it her way. That is just how I am.

Spoula

7. Likes MeToo!, Nova55 liked this post