Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

HoneyComb Cowl Pattern Questions

Hi. I having trouble with this pattern here on raverly
    Ravelry: The Honeycomb - The Cowl Neckwarmer pattern by Codi Hudnall

I think it might have errors in the pattern itself. It says to repeat rounds 2-25 but i think it should be 10 to 25

I also had to rip back afew rounds because repeating the round 10 to 25 for 2 more time was way too much rounds.

By the picture of the cowl it should just be 5 rounds of the honeycomb pattern cable but how does a person do the last round of cable before changing color so that it is like the picture?

What do you think i should do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Crochetknitfan,

I looked at your pattern and it does say to repeat round 2-25 and that looks correct to me.
    Round 10 and 18 is your cabble rounds. Round 10 you are doing c3b (yarn in back) then C3F(yarn in front) according to the pattern it says 11 times so that means you will be doing the c3b and c3f for 11 times on that round same for rnd 18
    Then round 11=17 is all knit rows. Then 18 is the other half of the cable you started in round 10 now you are doing c3F(yarn in front) then c3B (yarn in back.
    Then you have 19-25 knit around.
    Don't repeat from row 10 - 25 as your cables will be all messed up. You need a knit row before and after your cable rows.

You will repeat the following rows twice at the end of the second time you will start your ribbing again.
    Then you must go back to rnd 2-9 knit
    10 is cable again
    11-17 is knit
    18 is cable
    19-25 is knit

I hope this makes sense I am sure there are others on this forum that can also help you. I crochet more than I knit so I hope I have explained simply. Let me now if you have anymore trouble.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 07-18-2019 at 02:19 PM.

3. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula.Thanks for the amazing help.I have unfortunely repeated from 10- 25 rounds for the cables.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Crocheknitfan. Thank you for letting me know that the post helped you. I am sorry you had already completed 10-25 rounds. I hope everything turned out the way you wanted after all that work.
    You will have to share pictures on all the items you have been making.

Spoula