Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto8 View Post
    Thank you!
    You're Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    Spoula and Momto8 - your thread work is fantastic! I can't speak to the cone yarn/thread, although I have been very tempted to try those too. I have worked with South Maid 100% mercerized cotton a lot tho, and it softens after you wash it. But does it soften enough to wear it comfortably? I couldn't answer that. All I know is that I've certainly seen enough garments made from it, so one could assume it can't be that scratchy. I did have a 100% cotton sweater at one time, but it ended up stretching out of shape and it went to Goodwill, so I've never bought another one nor would I make one. It's cotton blends for me!
    Thank you! I do like cotton blends as well.

3. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello Nova55, Thanks, I have Made several items including bikinis for my older grandaughters out of cotton thread.

The picture of the Purple dress I posted was from Hobby Lobby it was Artiste
    100% mercerized cotton size 10 (small) it held the shape I wanted for the ruffles and it was soft. I starched the Hat.The Bikini's I made with Aunt Lidia's fashion crochet thread I think it was either a size 3 or 5 thread (it was also small but not as small as the #10). I can't remember for sure. I lined the items didn't want them to show too much. I also asked them to take a shower first to see if they would shrink or stretch. Ha didn't want them to get embarrassed on the beach or at the pool.

I like cotton blends also. I have seen many videos in Spanish where these ladies use these huge rolls of thread some look like they have glitter in them and their dresses are beautiful. Now that the 3 year old is getting taller it takes more yarn or thread to make her something so that is why I was looking at that cone one. I think I will stick to what I have used before as I know how it works up.

Hope you are doing fine and you got moved in and settled.
    Spoula
    Spoula, have you considered Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blends? 50% cotton 50% polyester

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto8 View Post
    Spoula, have you considered Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blends? 50% cotton 50% polyester
    Hi Momto8, Yes, I have used several of those yarns in sweaters.

Thanks,
    Spoula

6. Likes Nova55 liked this post