Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

mermaid outfit for a 9 month old girl.

I chained for the headband which measured 14 inches and stretched to 16 inches

bikini top (bra) - 22 and a half inches - 7 rows of hdc - 95 hdc's if I counted right - 96 chains

The mermaid cocoon is 20 inches The pattern says 1 dc in the next 9 sts on rnd 21. I went up to 1 dc in the next 12 sts.
    rnd 21 - 2 dc's in 1 st and 1 dc in the next 9 sts and repeat all the way around til you're back at the beginning
    rnd 22 - 1 dc in ea st
    rnd 23 - 2 dc's in 1 st and 1 dc in the next 10 sts and repeat all the say around
    rnd 24 - 1 dc in ea st
    rnd 25 - 2 dc's in next st and 1 dc in the next 11 sts and repeat all the way around
    rnd 26 - 1 dc in ea st all the way around
    rnd 27 - 2 dc's in 1 st and 1 dc in the next 12 sts and repeat all the way around
    the next rnds until it measured 20 inches -1 dc in ea st all the way around

tail - I followed the pattern on the mystic mermaid cocoon but for the cocoon I only did the sts between the asteriks not the sts before the asterik on rnds 6, 8, 10, 13,15,17,19 and 21. I did find a video for the cocoon after I already made it. The video helps to understand the pattern.
    I didn't crochet the ruffles but I weaved in a piece of yarn around the waist or top part of the cocoon

For the flower on the headband I followed this video - the crochet simple flower crochet 5 petal flower - Google Search
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-26-2019 at 01:29 PM.