Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Hve you ever noticed that crochet can sometimes seem demanding?

When I'm working on a crochet project I want to get it finished but once I have it finished I'm either starting another project or finishing another crochet project that I started and if I'm working on a bigger project it takes longer to get done which is alright cause we like to crochet but sometimes it gets tiring if you're crocheting the same stitch over and over.

That's supposed to be Have in the title.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you,Jean Marie. I have begun choosing more challenging patterns for just that reason. More stitch types and new ways of doing a project keep my interest up and the boredom away. imalefty

3. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you

When I really get going on a project, I cannot put it down. I can't stop working on it. Then, once it's finished, I feel uneasy until I get another going.

5. Likes spoula, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    I agree with you,Jean Marie. I have begun choosing more challenging patterns for just that reason. More stitch types and new ways of doing a project keep my interest up and the boredom away. imalefty
    Hi imalefty,
    What new stitches are you crocheting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I agree with you and Jean Marie I like to challenge myself with different stitches and different patterns. Some times I just crochet from a picture just to see if I can do it. I like to see all the different stitches and videos showing you how to do something that I might not know how to do.

Spoula

8. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie and Spoula! I should have been more specific about the stitches. I should have written that stitches are used in different ways than I have encountered before. My latest completed project is a bed cover that used over 18 five ounce skeins of Red Heart Striping Yarn. What an amazing thing to make! The pattern is designed by Frank Orandle. I purchased another of his designs to make. Very large and petal shaped with 32 colors. I hope to start it before the end of the year. For now I am making an amigurumi for my daughter’s birthday,afghan for Xmas gift,and 15 ornaments for gifts. But I was able to get the yarn for the large afghan together from my stash and watching for sales. Mr Orandle is very talented and uses stitches in interesting and beautiful ways. You can see his creations on Ravelry. imalefty

10. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello imalefty, Boy! do you ever like a challenge. I would never tackle what you wrote in your post. I like baby things they work up fast and I can then move on to something else. I don't have the patience to make a blanket that takes that much yarn. Even when I am making baby things I start to get bored and want to make something else before I finish what I am working on. Sometimes because of that I am working on multiple things at the same time. I work on one and when I start to get tired of that I pick up the other one.

I admired what you do.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula,,that’s the great thing about these special patterns. They are not the same stitches over and over. The changing pattern keeps boredom away. You really should take a look at them on Ravelry. Thank you for your kind words. imalefty

13. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi imalefty, I beleive you so I may take you up on this idea. I have a lot of yarn that I have purchased but not used and some yarn left over from other projects. Right now I am working on another little top for a 3 year old. Then I saw another purse I want to try. It is going to be 101 and 102 degrees this weekend so I am not crazy about making blankets in this weather. I am looking at summer bikini's and crop tops things that are not hot and just for the summer.

Thanks so much for your posts.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Hot weather is the reason I make the ornaments during Spring and Summer. I know just how exhausting a big project can be when the temperature is high! Your new projects-to-be sound fun. imalefty

16. Likes Susan2014, spoula liked this post