Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making Santa scarfs my daughter found on Pinterest and the pattern is DC and I do this when I watch TV as it is so mindless. I like C2C but need to concentrate more when I crochet this stitch.

2. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Hi Jean Marie and Spoula! I should have been more specific about the stitches. I should have written that stitches are used in different ways than I have encountered before. My latest completed project is a bed cover that used over 18 five ounce skeins of Red Heart Striping Yarn. What an amazing thing to make! The pattern is designed by Frank Orandle. I purchased another of his designs to make. Very large and petal shaped with 32 colors. I hope to start it before the end of the year. For now I am making an amigurumi for my daughter’s birthday,afghan for Xmas gift,and 15 ornaments for gifts. But I was able to get the yarn for the large afghan together from my stash and watching for sales. Mr Orandle is very talented and uses stitches in interesting and beautiful ways. You can see his creations on Ravelry. imalefty
    I'm a lefty too! And I love Frank O'Randle's patterns as well.

I made his free pattern Moe of Change and I agree with you about each round being different leaving no room for boredom. I made Moe of Change for a baby girl and used Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend in Stained Glass colorway. I really needed a fourth cake, but decided to forgo it and stopped a few rounds short of the end of the pattern without issues.Hve you ever noticed that crochet can sometimes seem demanding?-moe-change-crochet-baby-blanket-lion-brand-comfy-cotton-blend-stained-glass-122218-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Simply beautiful the design and the color. I like it.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Simply beautiful the design and the color. I like it.

Spoula
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Momto8! Great work! How coincidental that I made Mo Moe of Change. It makes a gorgeous bedcover for hubby’s and my bed. I took three months to get the yarn together for Petals of Change. 32 skeins! Had some and then watched for sales on and offline. Hope to get it started by the end of the year. Right now working on amigurumis for Christmas gifts. I think Frank O’Randle is a genius! He surely refreshed my crochet addiction. Apparently boredom was the problem. What are you working on now? Also,just curious,are you self taught? I am as there was no one in the family to teach a lefty. And the internet wasn’t even a word back then. HaHa! Happy Stitching. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Momto8! Great work! How coincidental that I made Mo Moe of Change. It makes a gorgeous bedcover for hubby’s and my bed. I took three months to get the yarn together for Petals of Change. 32 skeins! Had some and then watched for sales on and offline. Hope to get it started by the end of the year. Right now working on amigurumis for Christmas gifts. I think Frank O’Randle is a genius! He surely refreshed my crochet addiction. Apparently boredom was the problem. What are you working on now? Also,just curious,are you self taught? I am as there was no one in the family to teach a lefty. And the internet wasn’t even a word back then. HaHa! Happy Stitching. imalefty
    Hi! Thanks. I would love to see your Moe of Change. Petals of Change is an awesome challenge with that many skeins needed. After I made Moe of Change, I wished I had done either a solid color or individual color changes with each round as the texture/pattern was hard to distinguish with the yarn I used. The stitchwork got lost.

I am currently making random square patterns to use as wash cloths and dish cloths with cotton yarn. Hopefully, I will have extra to gift at Christmas. Fast and easy, but they are addictive to make.

Yes, I am self taught, but always learning and improving. I get bored easily so I rarely make the same pattern twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Momto8-l understand about the color and stitches showing up. I used Red Heart Striping yarn in color Polo Stripe. There is a free mandala afghan pattern on Red Heart site you might like. Changes color every round. I didn’t use their colors but enjoyed it so much I made two. Unusual for me. Take a look. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Momto8-l understand about the color and stitches showing up. I used Red Heart Striping yarn in color Polo Stripe. There is a free mandala afghan pattern on Red Heart site you might like. Changes color every round. I didn’t use their colors but enjoyed it so much I made two. Unusual for me. Take a look. imalefty
    Circular Fall Manala Throw? If so, I just downloaded it and their mandala doily. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s the one! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto8 View Post
    I'm a lefty too! And I love Frank O'Randle's patterns as well.

I made his free pattern Moe of Change and I agree with you about each round being different leaving no room for boredom. I made Moe of Change for a baby girl and used Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend in Stained Glass colorway. I really needed a fourth cake, but decided to forgo it and stopped a few rounds short of the end of the pattern without issues.Hve you ever noticed that crochet can sometimes seem demanding?-moe-change-crochet-baby-blanket-lion-brand-comfy-cotton-blend-stained-glass-122218-jpg
    Nice job!____________