Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever crocheted something, put a knot in it and then tried to take it out ?

If you put a knot in something and then try to take it out you might take some of the stitches out too.
    I'm crocheting a cardigan and I was putting the back and front pieces together and in order to help align the front and back pieces together I tied it at one end and realized I was supposed to tie it at the other end so I tied it on the other end too (on the top and bottom). Later I figured I didn't need the knots anymore so I took it out only there was a short piece of yarn by the stitches so I tried to make it so it wouldn't come out. I don't think the cardigan will come unraveled on the very bottom where the front and back pieces are sewn together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, I use twist ems to align my pieces. They are easy to remove.

3. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi imalefty, What is a twist ems? I have never heard of that term before.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    The covered wire pieces that are twisted holding loaves of bread closed,among other things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi imalefty, Oh this is so funny now I know exactly what they are. I have a ton of those and we call them the same thing. I thought since I am on a crochet forum it was some new clasp or something.. I had a big laugh on myself at this one

Thanks,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula,you have given me a big smile. Seriously,though,holding crocheted pieces together to sew them is a good way to use twistems. And if you need to restart they come out easier than a yarn tie. I have used them as stitch markers as well while doing those rounds that need to be counted. Have fun! imalefty

8. Likes spoula, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I call them twisty ties.