Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Question Looking for bed doll bodies

I'm posting for my wife who doesn't use the computer. She's trying to make bed dolls like she used to make when she was younger. In those days you could find porcelain or plastic dolls for bed dolls. They were basically like a little larger than a Barbie but just the top half of the doll; the bottom half was just a little tab stocking down. The spec on her currant pattern she's using says a 13 to 14 inch craft doll, 7 1/2 inch chest.

We've searched for many hours online and I went to Hobby Lobby today and we haven't found a thing. There are only two "bed doll" bodies on Amazon and they're not very attractive and poorly rated. We haven't found anything anywhere else.

Can anyone point us to a supplier or know where they may be getting their own? She'd prefer to have porcelain but would be happy with pretty plastic ones.

Thanks for the help.

3. Thanks debndale thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-01-2019 at 05:13 PM.

5. Thanks debndale thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, your google-fu is good; much better than mine. I don't think we had the right keyword; half dolls. We were searching bed dolls. She ordered a few assorted from factorydirectcraft to try out. Thank you very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debndale View Post
    Jean Marie, your google-fu is good; much better than mine. I don't think we had the right keyword; half dolls. We were searching bed dolls. She ordered a few assorted from factorydirectcraft to try out. Thank you very much.
    Your Welcome. Glad I could help.