Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: I'm lost...

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, I am going to try to duplicate what I did using the yarn of my choice. I am comfortable with my decrease, but not the increase. Thanks ever so much. I will keep posting my progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    OMG, I am going to try to duplicate what I did using the yarn of my choice. I am comfortable with my decrease, but not the increase. Thanks ever so much. I will keep posting my progress.
    The increase is worked into the chain at the end of the row.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    The increase is worked into the chain at the end of the row.
    OK. I will try using a stitch marker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Thanks Jean Marie. I will call it the second. Do I start each row at the second vertical bar, slip hook through both the second and third vertical bars to decrease? I just did an edit on this post. Here Is what I did to decrease. I slipped the hook through both the first and second vertical bars. It looks okay (I think). I am still guessing if I am getting the increases right the the second-to-last and last stitch. I thought it might be easier to see with a different yarn. It's NOT. Attachment 24698

My little waste basket next to me is half full with failed attempts (lol).

Hello Lucie,

Each beginning row you are doing a decrease in the first and second vertical bar then the next ones are at one at a time.

Near the end of the row the second to last stitch you are increasing by 1 stitch (you are adding one stitch back as you decreased from the beginning so you will have the same number of stitches on a row I think yours was 28 stitches)

After you add that increase stitch there are 2 stitches left you will insert your hook and pull up a loop then insert your hook into the last stitch (not easy to see you may have to pull the yarn apart to see it better)
    When you insert your hook it will look like you have 2 loops on your hook in that last stitch that is correct but it is only one stitch this will give you a total number of stitches (28)

Look back at your video and keep pausing it so you can see how she is capturing those vertical bars at the beginning and at the end. The end is more tricky because the last stich on the row is difficult to see.

Hope this helps,
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 04-29-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello Lucie,

Each beginning row you are doing a decrease in the first and second vertical bar then the next ones are at one at a time.

Near the end of the row the second to last stitch you are increasing by 1 stitch (you are adding one stitch back as you decreased from the beginning so you will have the same number of stitches on a row I think yours was 28 stitches)

After you add that increase stitch there are 2 stitches left you will insert your hook and pull up a loop then insert your hook into the last stitch (not easy to see you may have to pull the yarn apart to see it better)
    When you insert your hook it will look like you have 2 loops on your hook in that last stitch that is correct but it is only one stitch this will give you a total number of stitches (28)

Look back at your video and keep pausing it so you can see how she is capturing those vertical bars at the beginning and at the end. The end is more tricky because the last stich on the row is difficult to see.

Hope this helps,
    Spoula
    Thanks Spoula, I'm working on it...am I close?I'm lost...-prep-row-finished-jpg

I'm lost...-increase-jpg
    Last edited by Lucie; 04-30-2019 at 03:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucy you are close but look at the lat red arrow insert your hook not in the hole but in that loop where your arrow is on top of that loop. Turn the yarn a little to see that the loop I mentioned will look like 2 loops that is where you put your hook.

You got it right

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucy you are close but look at the lat red arrow insert your hook not in the hole but in that loop where your arrow is on top of that loop. Turn the yarn a little to see that the loop I mentioned will look like 2 loops that is where you put your hook.

You got it right

Spoula
    Where blue arrow points?

I'm lost...-increase-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

You got it right

Spoula
    Maybe? I love that you are sooooo patient. I am off to coffee with my husband and will check back later. Thanks, Lucie

I'm lost...-insert-hook-time-jpg

OMG, I just got back from our morning coffee and didn't I pull the hook out by mistake. Can you tell if I got it right this time?

I'm lost...-006-jpg

I went ahead to next row ???

I'm lost...-008-jpg
    Last edited by Lucie; 04-30-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Lucie,
    It looks like you've got it.

10. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie, This looks right you have 28 stitches on the hook and that is good.

The stitch next to the last stitch I think it should have the yarn in front like the others. I'm not sure Jean Marie can answer this as she is helping you with this pattern,

The last stitch should be a little tighter if it is loose it won't line up with the beginning stitch and your hat will not fit properly. (when you insert your hook in the last stitch pull up the loop even with the others that should tighten it up.

Your ends should look like this, the increase going up (/) and the decrease going down (\).

Spoula

Jean Marie please correct me if you see it differently. (Thanks in advance)

I'm lost...