Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: I'm lost...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm lost...

Sometimes I can tell, sometimes I can't; I should wind up with 28 loops on hook...

I'm lost...-stitch-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie, Doesn't the loop on your hook from the beginning count as your first loop.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Lucie, Doesn't the loop on your hook from the beginning count as your first loop.

Spoula
    It does, but into the video at 5:57, she bypasses the 1st vertical bar and slips her hook under to next two?
    https://crochettalk.com/main/30557-i...tml#post213997

Next row she slips hook under vertical bars #2 and 3? The next row under? And what do I do with the 1st, 2nd...vertical bars?

When she gets to the next row I am not sure whether to slip the vertical bars into #'s 3 and 4. And what do you do with vertical bars #'s 1 and 2?
    Last edited by Lucie; 04-18-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    She starts on the 2nd vertical bar, not counting the one by the hook. The next row she takes the loops off the hook. The next row is just like the other row where she put loops on the hook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Lucie,
    She starts on the 2nd vertical bar, not counting the one by the hook. The next row she takes the loops off the hook. The next row is just like the other row where she put loops on the hook.
    Hi Jean Marie,
    She starts on the second vertical bar for each row? I am confused because the video starts out with her saying to start on the first vertical bar 6:20 - 6:30 point in video--Then on the next row she says to start on the second vertical bar 9:30 - 9:33 point in video. That's where I got confused.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    I see at about 6:20 -6:30 in the video she says the first and the second vertical bar, not counting the loop by the hook. Yes, she says the second bar at about 9:30 in the video. Both times she's starting at the first vertical bar only the second time (about 9:30 in the video, actually 9:23 in the video) she said the second vertical bar because she counted the loop at the beginning of row.

Jean Marie

7. Likes Lucie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Lucie,
    I see at about 6:20 -6:30 in the video she says the first and the second vertical bar, not counting the loop by the hook. Yes, she says the second bar at about 9:30 in the video. Both times she's starting at the first vertical bar only the second time (about 9:30 in the video, actually 9:23 in the video) she said the second vertical bar because she counted the loop at the beginning of row.

Jean Marie
    OK, so the first row and each new row is started at the second vertical bar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    At the beginning of the row on the very edge of the row you have a vertical loop. The next vertical bar, if you want to call that the 1st bar or the second bar that's up to you but this is the vertical bar you start on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jean Marie. I will call it the second. Do I start each row at the second vertical bar, slip hook through both the second and third vertical bars to decrease? I just did an edit on this post. Here Is what I did to decrease. I slipped the hook through both the first and second vertical bars. It looks okay (I think). I am still guessing if I am getting the increases right the the second-to-last and last stitch. I thought it might be easier to see with a different yarn. It's NOT. I'm lost...-001-jpg

My little waste basket next to me is half full with failed attempts (lol).
    Last edited by Lucie; 04-29-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Thanks Jean Marie. I will call it the second. Do I start each row at the second vertical bar, slip hook through both the second and third vertical bars to decrease?
    Yes, Lucie. Like she shows on the video.