Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Can you help me identify this stitch?

Can you help me identify this stitch?-screenshot_20190328-000955-jpg

I've found this jaw dropping work of art, and I think I can copy the pattern (eventually) but I'm completely flummoxed by this ropey, spirally stitch near the middle. Does anyone have any ideas??

Can you help me identify this stitch?-screenshot_20190328-001157-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know the name of this doily?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Soubie, I have seen something similar but I am not an expert by no means. I think that there is a Treble stitch first then you will sc around the treble stitch from bottom to top. That is what gives it a slight wrap around curve.

I saw this round one for sale on the Internet for $4.00 pdf it you want to buy the pattern just to see how to do it correctly.
    Can you help me identify this stitch?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/571841435/ruby-remastered-doily-crochet-patterns?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all &ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=spiral+patte rn+doily&ref=sr_gallery-1-36

Or have you tried searching for a spiral doily free pattern.

There are a lot of talented folks on this site that may be able to help too.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's one:https://www.pinterest.com/pin/472737292118351220/

Here's one with a pattern and it might help you with some of the sts. https://www.momsloveofcrochet.com/Ma...ssomDoily.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, That first post is the same picture I posted for her to look at. That is so funny that we picked the same picture only yours had the chart that was even better. I could not see the synbols even when I tried to make it bigger.
    Maybe those curves are FPDC or FPTC and not sc around a treble stitch as I first though it is too little for me to see it clearly.

Thanks for sharing, Glad to have you back.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Jean Marie, That first post is the same picture I posted for her to look at. That is so funny that we picked the same picture only yours had the chart that was even better. I could not see the synbols even when I tried to make it bigger.
    Maybe those curves are FPDC or FPTC and not sc around a treble stitch as I first though it is too little for me to see it clearly.

Thanks for sharing, Glad to have you back.
    Spoula
    Hi Spoula,
    what chart?

Post Thanks / Like
    when you click on the website you posted there is a picture of the item and the chart on how to make it is below the picture. It is too small for me to read the symbols to see what stitches she would need for that loop thing,

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that Irish crochet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post
    Isn't that Irish crochet?
    Hi MeToo, I looked on the Internet to see what Iris crochet looks like (Thanks for your post).

I posted how I thought it should be done because I had seen that stitch before done by
    "Sheruknitting.com" and I was almost right. I posted to do a Treble stitch and then sc around that stitch. In the video the person does some chains and then crochets around the chains giving that loop look.
    Below is an Iris lace video showing how to do that stitch. You jogged my memory I needed that.

https://youtu.be/l-C5lKK9cQY

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 03-29-2019 at 05:42 AM. Reason: spacing

11. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post