Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering what you do if you find...

Hi,
    When you're crocheting and find that on the yarn you're crocheting with is a couple other strands of yarn that's not together as one yarn do you cut the strands of yarn that are frayed or not? I cut the yarn pieces so it looks better. Just wondering what you would do or have done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure I understand this question. Are you saying while you are crocheting on your item that the yarn you are currently using is starting to get frayed?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    I mean the yarn that you are working with; the yarn coming from the skein of yarn that you are crocheting with and you see that the yarn coming up that you're about to crochet with is thinner and has one or more strands of yarn coming apart or there's a extra piece of yarn on it or I've seen too a knot around the working yarn that you can slide off the yarn.

I guess my question was would you continue to crochet with a frayed piece of yarn or would you cut off the frayed pieces before you crocheted with it. I've heard that if you crochet with the yarn that's frayed your item will be stronger but I still cut off the frayed pieces so it will look better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I think it depends on the frayed piece. I would back up a few stitches and secure them and add a new piece of yarn in the last two stitches of the stitches before the frayed yarn. I don't want anything coming apart and I want it to look good.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I always cut the frayed piece out, I dont trust it

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you better to get rid of it now then ruin a good piece of hard work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I cut out the frayed yarn. Sometimes you can't tell the difference in the finished item but sometimes it looks like a glaring error.With all the work that goes into a hand made item, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Dafy