Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

crocheting over yarn ends?

Hi,
    When crocheting over yarn ends do I still have to weave in the ends. Another-words I crochet over the yarn ends one way and then do I need to take the yarn ends that I crocheted over and weave the yarn ends in the opposite direction?

I just crocheted over the yarn ends until there was only a short piece of yarn left that I cut.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 03-05-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, When I crochet over yarn ends for a few stitches I then pull the thread tight before I cut that way you don't see it and it is locked in so you don't have to weave in any ends. I never had a problem with any coming out or showing between the stitches. I think it is a personal preference if you want to weave in your ends after locking them in. It would be double security but not maybe not necessary. It is how you want to do it and are happy with it.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    Thanks. I have crocheted over some yarn ends. I have weaved yarn ends in and even weaved in ends if I crocheted over the yarn ends. Maybe I make more work for myself. I can see that if I crochet over yarn ends when crocheting 2 triangles together I can just cut the yarn ends (which I've done) instead of weaving in the ends.