Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Stuck and Need Help

I have just started crocheting recently. I have had to recruit help reading patterns more than once, along with a ton or trial and error. The pattern I am currently working on a pattern that begins on a magic loop and increases with each loop. My questions..... What does it mean when it when it says 1 x 2 sc? The entire step says, “Round 3: ch 1, *1 x 2 sc, 1 sc, repeat from * and close round (= 18 sc)

I understand all but the 1 x 2 sc. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have not used the magic circle, so hopefully I am on track. In some patterns, this (1 X 2 sc) will mean make 2 sc into the next (1) stitch.

Others will be along soon to also comment. Thanks for your patience.

Post Thanks / Like
    On Rnd.2, how many stitches do you have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Round one in the ring has (=6 sc), round 2: (= 12 sc), Round 3: (=18 sc) I have been trying 2 sc in the next one but I end up short, not making it to the end/closing of the round. Thank you for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s the way I understood as well, Barbara, but I keep ending up short, not even close to closing the round. Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by dpezley; 02-24-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are increasing by 6 stitches on each rnd. If you have 12 stitches on rnd 2, then on rnd 3 if you put 2 sc's in 1 st and then 1 sc in the next st and then 2 sc's in next st and 1 sc in next st and repeat to the end or rnd then you will have 18 sts because you increased by 6 sts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi dpezley, I just saw you post and I am working on a basket that has the same instruction. You start with 6 crochets in a magic circle close the circle. Then ch 1, then you will sc in each stitch for 6 crochet stitches. The next row you ch 1, then 1 sc ,in the next stitch you will crochet 2 sc in the same stitch, then 1 sc then 2 sc in the same stitch you are increasing your circle each time by 6 so this round by adding 2sc in one stitch you will have 12 stitches this round. Next round you will crochet 2 single sc then in the next stitch you crochet 2 sc in the same stitch repeat this and you will have 18 sts at the end. Each time you will need to slip stitch at the end of each row and then chain one before you start your next set of stitches.

This might be easier to understand:
    Rnd 1 6 sc in MR and join with slip stitch to first sc (6 sts)
    Rnd 2: ch 1, sc increase 2 sc in each stitch join to first sc (12 sts)
    Rnd 3: ch 1, sc increase )make 2 sin the next 2 stitches then 2sc in the next stitch, 2sc in the next 2stitches then 2 sc in the next st, repeat to end join in first sc (24 sts)
    Each round you will ch 1 sc 3 single stitches then 2 in same stitch, then the next row you will sc 4 single then 2 in the next st until you get the desired round of total stitches your pattern calls for.

If you are making a hat your circumference say for a toddler would be 6 inches across once you get that number you don't increase any more and continue the number of stitches you have say 54 then as you continue to go around your hat stays the same size and this is what makes the sides ,front and back.

I know this is long but I hope it helps. This was my instructions on my pattern (Ch1,sc inc x6(6sts) all patterns are written differently.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you crocheting a flat circle for the top of a hat?

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like what you're crocheting is like the 'horn' on this pattern.
    https://www.5littlemonsters.com/2017...h-flowers.html

If you have trouble seeing how many stitches then count your stitches backwards so you know where your stitches are.

It will be narrow on the bottom and as you increase stitches it will get wider on the top of the piece.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-24-2019 at 03:59 PM.