Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Each of the last 2 stitches on row 2 looked like only 1 loop instead of 2 loops (when crocheting I normally go under the top 2 loops of the stitch) Now I can see 2 loops for each stitch. I don't know if you chained 6 to do what's in the brackets on row 2 or not. Sorry, I just thought maybe you just looked at the pattern but either way you tried to help. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    The 2nd to the last stitch on row 2 of the flower is so tiny I have to put a smaller hook through it to make it bigger in order to get the bigger hook through the stitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jean Marie, I got tired of my cross stitch and picked up my crochet hook and some yarn and made your flower.

After I completed the 2nd row I counted all the stitches and I had total of 44. (total of 7 repeats of 6 stitches in the brackets= 42 (7x6)) plus 2 stitches left on the row I did a sc in the last 2. 42 bracket stitches and 2 left=44 stitches.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, you didn't have to do the whole flower, that's 30 chains! You could of just chained 6 to see what the last 2 stitches on row 2 looked like.

I don't know how you have 2 stitches left to do 2 sc's on row 2. When I get to 2 stitches left on row 2 I have a hdc st to do and that leaves 1 stitch to put a sc in.

By the way, if you were selling the unicorn hat, how much would you charge for it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I did the math and I used white yarn so that I could see all the stitches since you said the last 2 were so small I also paid attention to my stitches and the count. I believe the chain 1's were the small stitches and if you don't look real good you could have skipped some and that could be why you didn't get 2 stitches left.

I did all the stitches in the brackets completely and had 2 stitches left. I did the whole flower because I wanted to see what it looked like and in the first row there was a sc in the second chain from the hook and either a chain 1 or another sc I don't have the pattern in front of me right now. When you turn your work those are the 2 stitches left.

Doing only 6 stitches are only the ones in the brackets and that would not have given you the answer and I wanted to help you find your problem. It didn't take me long to do and it gave me a break from my cross stitch.

I don't know how much a child's hat cost or a fancy one like the one you made. I saw this one and it looks like one you made before so maybe you can use this as a guide or start it was on Etsy for $20,18.
    The flowers on this patern
    The flowers on this patern
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 02-21-2019 at 10:48 AM. Reason: added spacing

Post Thanks / Like
    The 2 unicorn hats I sold, I sold for $10 ($5 each). The flowers I did for those hats on row 2 I only went in the stitches, not the spaces, so at the end of the row I ended up with 3 dc's (there wasn't another stitch for the hdc on the flowers for the unicorn hats I sold). I was told that I could've sold them for more than that. I heard that someone bought a unicorn hat for $15 or $18
    Someone said a unicorn hat could go for $20. I don't know I'd sell them (I'm making more unicorn hats) for $20 Maybe $12 or $15 at the most. I just thought maybe you had an idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just thought maybe you had an idea.[/QUOTE]

HI Jean Marie, I only crochet for the children and to keep myself busy not to sell anything. I am sorry I don't have any idea what a handmade crochet item would be worth. Maybe some of the ladies on this forum that have blogs and sell items could help you. I have seen items on the Internet for sale and it surprises me at what some are asking for. I know it is to also take care of the cost of supplies and the persons time plus the finished item. I think that the hard part is putting a price on your time. Figuring cost on supplies would not be so hard. I believe Nova55 shared with you what is involved in pricing a handmade piece on this forum earlier.

During the summer I was crocheting a lot for my nieces that were expecting babies. A lady in my residence wanted to pay me to make her a baby blanket for her first grand child. I would never take money from a friend so instead I taught her to crochet her first baby blanket. I had given her one of my patterns to make it with it was very simple and I was available to help her get started and to help her if she needed it. I told her it would mean more if she made it for her first grandchild herself. She was so happy and I am sure her family will treasure it.

Good luck on your future sales.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 02-21-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished crocheting another flower for the unicorn hat(that's not counting rolling up the flower) and I ended up the same way with the last 2 stitches a hdc and then a sc. the loop on the side at the end of row 2 I don't count as a stitch. So I don't know how you Spoula had 2 stitches left for 2 sc's. I didn't skip any stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just lucky I guess. I followed the pattern you posted. The stitches are hard to see.
    I counted my stitches as I went.
    Your item will still be cute so don't worry just keep doing what you are doing if it works.

Spoula