Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

My Practice Baby Bootie (Pic)

I decided I needed to follow along with a video in learning to crochet baby booties. I used a heavier yarn and larger needle than the instructions called for--why, because that's what I had on hand. My first practice infant baby bootie is more for a toddler than an infant. I lost my count after the part where it said count should be 42. I was okay up until then. Here's a link to the tutorial.

Here I a link to the tutorial I am working on: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...B&&FORM=VDRVRV

My first attempt (I am way off on the count).

My Practice Baby Bootie (Pic)-baby-bootie-jpg

2. Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    On the video after the part where she said the count should be 42 she's telling you that when you started the bootie you crocheted 5 sc's in one stitch. Because of that you have a hole. To fill the hole you can weave in a piece of yarn and close it or pull the piece of yarn that you weaved in to close the hole. The hole is on the end or by the heel of the bootie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jean. That part I understood. My problem is where to insert my slip stitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    What slip stitch?

After the end of the round you slip stitch in the first stitch of the row which is a sc st after the 42 sc's of that round.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-25-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    What slip stitch?

After the end of the round you slip stitch in the first stitch of the row which is a sc st after the 42 sc's of that round.
    OMG, I finally, after trying since 17 December last year, after crocheting four beanies to get the feel of crocheting, after trying several tutorials, after stepping aside for weeks owing to my frustration--crocheted my first baby bootie. I now know I cannot follow a video where the instructor is facing me (to me it is like learning from a left-hander)! I am going to visit my senior center to check on a couple of things that look a tad off and I can't seem to make a presentable bow, so this bootie is going in my stash. I will call her "my old maid baby bootie"! My Practice Baby Bootie (Pic)-2018-december-9_my-baby-bootie-jpg
    Last edited by Lucie; 12-09-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What's wrong with the bootie? I don't see anything wrong with the bootie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    What's wrong with the bootie? I don't see anything wrong with the bootie.
    It's pretty big for 0-3 months and at this point I am not sure I would be able to spot any missed stitches. I had to keep stopping to learn new stitches. By the time I learned how to do a dc reduction I forgot how to do a sc, etc. And I can not tie a decent bow! I wore a path from my comfy chair to my computer re-watching tutorial. OK, at least now, I think I am learning...thanks to you, Spoula and the Internet!

I am actually doing the other bootie--I really need the practice. And, you know what, I am flying through it! I will give them to someone at the senior center, they can tie the bows and pass them on to someone who might want them.
    Last edited by Lucie; 12-10-2018 at 05:06 AM.