Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

wondering what types of yarn people like to crochet with

I usually use the Bernat yarns. Once in a while I'll use the Caron yarn if it's in the color I'm looking for. I just looked at the yarns I have and I have some Red Heart yarn besides the Caron yarn and Bernat yarn. The Red Heart yarn seems softer than the Bernat or Caron yarn. Do you like to use the Red Heart yarn?

I also have some 'Soft Secret' by Yarn Bee'
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-23-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't say I have a favorite, but I tend more towards the lighter yarns - dk, sport or fingering. Right now I'm working on using up my stash (this will take awhile!). Just finished a project and started another with Woolike (fingering yarn), did a blanket with Caron SS and one with Bernat Sport dk weight, and a lapghan with LB Mandala. Really at this point I just have a mix of quite a few types of yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jean Marie;211140]I usually use the Bernat yarns. Once in a while I'll use the Caron yarn if it's in the color I'm looking for. I just looked at the yarns I have and I have some Red Heart yarn besides the Caron yarn and Bernat yarn. The Red Heart yarn seems softer than the Bernat or Caron yarn. Do you like to use the Red Heart yarn?
    I also have some 'Soft Secret' by Yarn Bee'[/QUOTE

HI Jean Marie,
    Since I make mostly baby things I like soft yarn and fingerling size 2 or 3 of dk#4
    I have used Bernat, Caron, Red Heart. and Lion Brand and Patons and Baby Love yarns. I see some pretty yarns then I think what I want to make with them.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=spoula;211156]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I usually use the Bernat yarns. Once in a while I'll use the Caron yarn if it's in the color I'm looking for. I just looked at the yarns I have and I have some Red Heart yarn besides the Caron yarn and Bernat yarn. The Red Heart yarn seems softer than the Bernat or Caron yarn. Do you like to use the Red Heart yarn?
    I also have some 'Soft Secret' by Yarn Bee'[/QUOTE

HI Jean Marie,
    Since I make mostly baby things I like soft yarn and fingerling size 2 or 3 of dk#4
    I have used Bernat, Caron, Red Heart. and Lion Brand and Patons and Baby Love yarns. I see some pretty yarns then I think what I want to make with them.

Spoula
    Hi Spoula,
    I have used some Bernat Baby Coordinates and probably some Patons and Lion Brand but the yarn I usually see in the store is Bernat. I might've had other baby yarn and I have some thicker yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    Can't say I have a favorite, but I tend more towards the lighter yarns - dk, sport or fingering. Right now I'm working on using up my stash (this will take awhile!). Just finished a project and started another with Woolike (fingering yarn), did a blanket with Caron SS and one with Bernat Sport dk weight, and a lapghan with LB Mandala. Really at this point I just have a mix of quite a few types of yarn.
    Hi Nova55,
    I , too want to use my yarn up that I have but sometimes find that I need a certain color from the store.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jean Marie;211161]
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post

Hi Spoula,
    I have used some Bernat Baby Coordinates and probably some Patons and Lion Brand but the yarn I usually see in the store is Bernat. I might've had other baby yarn and I have some thicker yarn.
    Oh Yea I forgot I bought one of those cake yarns one time and made that circle sweater and hat for my little granddaughter. Here is the picture with that yarn you will remember seeing it before.
    Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images wondering what types of yarn people like to crochet with-circle-sweater-jpg 

7. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I've found that too. Sometimes you have a project and you need to "fill in" with either more of a color or another color. (Sigh!)