Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Need help with pattern instruction

I am starting my hand at crocheting baby booties--once again. Simple & Sweet Baby Slippers – Free Crochet Pattern » Loganberry Handmade

Highlighted in red (what does it mean "in the same stitch")? And, where should I be using markers?

Round 1: Ch 10, sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 sc in next 7 chs, then 5 sc in last ch. Working back from the other side of your chain, 1 sc in next 7 chs, 2 sc in last ch. Sl st to beg sc. (22 sts total)

Round 2: Ch 2, hdc in same st, 1 hdc in next 7 sts, 2 hdc in next 5 sts, 1 hdc in next 7 sts, 2 hdc in last 2 sts. Sl st to beg ch-2. (30 sts total)

Round 3: Ch 2, hdc in same st, 1 hdc in next 12 sts, 2 hdc in next 3 sts, 1 hdc in next 12 sts, 2 hdc in last 2 sts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    The 'same stitch' is the first stitch of the row. It doesn't say to use markers so you probably don't need markers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie, This is a darling pattern. Since you are crocheting from one side around to the other you will have to count your stitches carefully as you will be working around the foot(sole) of the slipper. Your markers should be at the where you work the last stitches that is kind of letting you know you have completed a round.

The same stitch means where you just chained 2 now do a hdc in the bottom on that chain. That is the same stitch.

Spoula

4. Likes Lucie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I spent the whole day doing a tutorial on How to Animate a Still Photo. I love Photoshop and when I am feeling frustrated I go and torment myself some more--trying something new!