Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need a fix

Post Thanks / Like

Need a fix

I was wondering if a could crochet my second beanie from the same skein of yarn--nope! I have approximately ten more rows to go but I ran out of the yarn. I will have to go into my second skein of yarn (same color). Is there a video showing what to do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucie, What do you mean by "Is there a video showing what to do?" Are you just wanting to join the new yarn where you ran out of the last skein of yarn. If so there are several ways to do that. You can tie off the old yarn but the best way is to pull out a few stitches and keep the last 2 stitches (say of the double crochet) join the new yarn and pull through the last two stitches. Which ever stitch you used for the hat do the same. This will give you the same height of the last stitch.

Hope this helps,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Lucie, What do you mean by "Is there a video showing what to do?" Are you just wanting to join the new yarn where you ran out of the last skein of yarn. If so there are several ways to do that. You can tie off the old yarn but the best way is to pull out a few stitches and keep the last 2 stitches (say of the double crochet) join the new yarn and pull through the last two stitches. Which ever stitch you used for the hat do the same. This will give you the same height of the last stitch.

Hope this helps,
    Spoula
    OMGosh Spoula, I tend to make mountains out of molehills. Did you know there are a lot of molehills out there? I checked out three videos, none of which I am comfortable with. The following is the one I latched onto. I am hoping my fix doesn't unravel. This hat will be for me in case it does. For the life of me, I cannot understand written instructions. If I don't have a video to show me, my work usually winds up in crochet heaven.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...36&FORM=VDQVAP

4. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    OMGosh Spoula, I tend to make mountains out of molehills. Did you know there are a lot of molehills out there? I checked out three videos, none of which I am comfortable with. The following is the one I latched onto. I am hoping my fix doesn't unravel. This hat will be for me in case it does. For the life of me, I cannot understand written instructions. If I don't have a video to show me, my work usually winds up in crochet heaven.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...36&FORM=VDQVAP
    Hi Lucie, Thanks for the video that should work for you looks easy enough.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Lucie, Thanks for the video that should work for you looks easy enough.
    Spoula
    I just finished my second beanie. It's the same yarn and pattern as my first one. I am wearing it as I type!!!