Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Inserting my pattern, need help...

Wow, I am really messed up. I had to fudge a bit to have ten loops along each of the seven blocks (see video). The next set of instructions "The Edging Around Panels" instructions are to work edge around 4 sides of panel--how do I attach the panels together before going on to next instruction (work around all five panels)?

Inserting my pattern, need help...-baby-afghan-crochet-insturctions_p-1-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    I found 2 videos and another link for you to look at.
    One is the mattress stitch.
    One is the whip stitch. I read this is the an easy method.
    The last one if I remember correctly is just stating to do it your way with different stitches.

https://www.favecrafts.com/blog/fc/h...rochet-afghan/

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 11-14-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the directions mean you go around each panel separately.

4. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Edging around panels is done on each panel separately. Then embroidery is done. Easier to embroider one panel at a time. Instructions for joining panels must be further on.

6. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Imalefty. I agree with your post. After all the panels are joined on all 4 sides I though her question was then how do I join the finished panels. I am not good at joining motifs so I copied some videos for her to look at. I couldn't help her but I am glad you responded as your post is more clear and makes lots of sense.

Thanks,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just thinking it would be easier to embroider before it is a “big” afghan. You are so helpful always. imalefty

9. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imalefty, You are so right that is a big blanket and much easier done with less bulk to turn around.

Thank you for saying I am helpful I really try my best as do others on this forum just like you just did too.

Spoula

11. Likes Lucie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Lucie,
    I found 2 videos and another link for you to look at.
    One is the mattress stitch.
    One is the whip stitch. I read this is the an easy method.
    The last one if I remember correctly is just stating to do it your way with different stitches.

https://www.favecrafts.com/blog/fc/h...rochet-afghan/

Spoula
    Thanks spoula, but I'm tearing it out. It has been so long since I crocheted the blanket I had forgotten everything. I do know I edged each panel separately and then joined them. Next I did a border around all the panels. I love cross stitch and that was never a problem. My mentor back in 2003 is the only one who fully understood the directions. She would look at them for about five minutes and would explain them to me so that I would be able to go forward without a hitch. Hey, I am so excited. I crocheted my first beanie!

Lucie
    https://iweararedhat.blogspot.com/

13. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Thanks spoula, but I'm tearing it out. It has been so long since I crocheted the blanket I had forgotten everything. I do know I edged each panel separately and then joined them. Next I did a border around all the panels. I love cross stitch and that was never a problem. My mentor back in 2003 is the only one who fully understood the directions. She would look at them for about five minutes and would explain them to me so that I would be able to go forward without a hitch. Hey, I am so excited. I crocheted my first beanie!

Lucie
    https://iweararedhat.blogspot.com/
    Hi Lucie, I am sorry you have to tear it out after all that work you did. Using it to make baby booties is a good thing. You will have a lot of booties with all that yarn. Ha. I like your blog if that is yours you attached. You have a good sense of humor. Is that your husband with the toy? I bet you had a lot of apple pies if it is him.

I am going to do a cross stitch of my little granddaughter during the Holidays. I did one of her older brother and it looks a lot like him but the thread they recommended was kind of dark for his skin. He had a little farmers tan during the summer and that is when his picture was taken.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Lucie, I am sorry you have to tear it out after all that work you did. Using it to make baby booties is a good thing. You will have a lot of booties with all that yarn. Ha. I like your blog if that is yours you attached. You have a good sense of humor. Is that your husband with the toy? I bet you had a lot of apple pies if it is him.

I am going to do a cross stitch of my little granddaughter during the Holidays. I did one of her older brother and it looks a lot like him but the thread they recommended was kind of dark for his skin. He had a little farmers tan during the summer and that is when his picture was taken.

Spoula
    Hi Spoula, it's my blog. I go for weeks/months sometimes between posts. I love learning how to add videos, how to make titles, how to add headings, labels, gadgets to my sidebars, etc. I don't know why, but I do. I mostly am just talking to myself. My husband has been a my rock; after fifty years, I am still in awe of him. He is just now beginning to feel his age and doesn't like that he can't do the things he used to do. Hey, he fixed the supper tonight--he fussed with it all afternoon. I forgot, do you post pictures of your cross stitching anywhere? I would love to see it.