Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Vacuum storage bags?

I have hundreds of crochet blankets. I sell some and keep some as well. As you can imagine, they take up a large amount of space.

Has anyone used vacuum seal bags to store their beauties? My concern is their condition after being compressed for a long time.

Also, from a customer standpoint, would you not like that it was delivered in a compressed bag?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi GrannyBlankets, I have used those vacuum seal bags and the ones you roll up to get all the air out. I have no problems with the vacuum seal ones I used to store pillows. When I have guest and need extra pillows I just open the bag and the pillow fluffs right back. I have used the roll up ones for traveling so that my clothes are nice and neat when I arrive. I can put more in a suitcase if I use those. Last time I put all my yarn in one so I could take it with me overseas and not get all messed up squeezed between our clothes.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi GrannyBlankets, I have used those vacuum seal bags and the ones you roll up to get all the air out. I have no problems with the vacuum seal ones I used to store pillows. When I have guest and need extra pillows I just open the bag and the pillow fluffs right back. I have used the roll up ones for traveling so that my clothes are nice and neat when I arrive. I can put more in a suitcase if I use those. Last time I put all my yarn in one so I could take it with me overseas and not get all messed up squeezed between our clothes.

Spoula
    Thanks Spoula. I would think they would fluff right back but you can never be sure. Some may need to be compressed for awhile.

I wasnt sure from a customer standpoint if they would like that or not.

Guess I will buy a few and try them. Sure will help with storage space.

Thanks for the input.