Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi dancingbaehr,
    Did you do those tulips that's behind your keyboard pillow?

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi dancingbaehr,
    Did you do those tulips that's behind your keyboard pillow?
    Hi Jean Marie!

Thank you for your wonderful comments!! Also, thanks for the links to the printable gift tags. I like attaching a label to the things I make. I also have some of the cloth labels with my name on them that says "Crocheted for you by Jo Baehr". No, I did not do the metal punchwork of the tulips. That is on our pantry doors in our kitchen and was there when we bought the house. Here are photos.
    Crochet Projects: What are you working on for November?-p1080611-jpg

Crochet Projects: What are you working on for November?-p1080612-jpg

They hold a ton of stuff!!

~~ Hugs, Jo
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 11-10-2018 at 08:03 AM.
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

3. Likes Jean Marie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie do you have a pattern for the towel toppers you are making....I can't seem to find a pattern that I like.

I have been working on Christmas gifts for charity and people that live alone in my area......

5. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have a pattern for the towel toppers. I just have a copy printed out. I don't have the book. It says it's from 'Hooked On Crochet!' The Mar/Apr 1991 issue page 7.

I couldn't find it online but what I do is fold the towel in half and they say with C hook(I used a 3.0 mm hook. any small hook would probably work) and white w/right side of towel facing you, starting at right corner( if left handed start at left corner) w/ loop on hook push the hook through towel, yo, draw lp through, complete as sc; evenly space37 more sc across, turn (38). I normally don't just get 38sc's. I crochet the towel topper for 2 towels as a set. I never get the same amount of sc's on the first row- the row you push the hook through the towel. On the towels I'm doing for my sister I got 46 sc's for the first row on one towel and 54 sc's on the other towel for the first row.

You want an even number for the first row so on row 5 you are going to crochet 2 tog across the row. At the end of row 5 - I want it to be an odd number. The towel that started with 46 sc's was 23 sc's on row 5. Using a G hook - Rows 2-4 is ch 1 and sc in ea st across. Before doing rows 6-9 I sc 2 first 2 sts tog, sc in ea st across and sc last 2 sts tog for as many rows as I need to until I have 19 sc's. Then start on row 6. Rows 6-9 are the same as rows 2-4 - ch 1 and sc in ea st across.

Rows 10-13 - ch 1 and sc first 2 sts tog, sc in ea st across and sc last 2 sts tog, ending w/11 sts in last row.

Rows 14-18 is ch 1 and sc in ea st across

Rows 19 and 20 ch 1 and sc first 2 sts tog, sc in ea st across w/sc last 2 sts tog ending with 7 sc's.

Rows 21 - 42 - ch 1 and sc in ea st across.

Before I do rows 43 and 44 I continued to ch 1 and sc in ea st across for 19 more rows ( it's up to you how long you want the handle of the towel to be) and then on the next row I ch 1 and sc the first 2 sts and ch 3 and sc the last 2 sts. That's 7 sc's. Then I ch 1 and sc in the first 2 sts and sc in the 3 chains and sc in the last 2 sc's. = 7sc's.

Rows 43 and 44 - repeat row 10 ending with 3 sts and fasten off.

You always ch 1 at beg or end of row depending on if you ch 1 at the end of row before you turn your work or if you ch 1 after you turn your work before you start the next row.
    either way you need to ch 1 before you start ea row. All rows are sc.

Row 45 - working on outer edge of towel w/ right side of towel facing you, starting at beg of row 1, join white w/sc in end of row, sc in end of ea row and in ea st around to opposite end of row 1, fasten off.

I try to match a color of yarn w/a color in the towel unless the towel is a solid color then I match yarn to the color of the towel (I like to know what yarn I'm going to use ahead of time before I get to this row.)

On the pattern for row 46 it says w/ a no. 6 steel crochet hook join yellow(they used yellow;it's up to you what color you use) w/sc in 1st st, (ch 4, sc in next st) across, fasten off. I don't do this.

After I crochet the edging w/white yarn. I crochet the edging again w/a different color of yarn.

Then the pattern says to make 3 flowers w/a no. 6 steel crochet hook to put on the towel. I've never made the flowers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hi Jean Marie!

Thank you for your wonderful comments!! Also, thanks for the links to the printable gift tags. I like attaching a label to the things I make. I also have some of the cloth labels with my name on them that says "Crocheted for you by Jo Baehr". No, I did not do the metal punchwork of the tulips. That is on our pantry doors in our kitchen and was there when we bought the house. Here are photos.
    Crochet Projects: What are you working on for November?-p1080611-jpg

Crochet Projects: What are you working on for November?-p1080612-jpg

They hold a ton of stuff!!

~~ Hugs, Jo
    Cool! I like the tulips and it's nice that they hold a lot of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the pattern........i can't visualize this as a "topper" 46 rows seems quite long for a "topper" I guess I will have to try it to see

Thanks so much for taking the time to post it here for me.

9. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool_Kitten View Post
    thanks for the pattern........i can't visualize this as a "topper" 46 rows seems quite long for a "topper" I guess I will have to try it to see

Thanks so much for taking the time to post it here for me.
    Hi Kool_Kitten,
    The handle of the towel starts on row 21. Rows 21 - 42 is how long the handle is on the pattern. I make my handle longer. I crochet more rows before I start on row 43. It's up to you how long you want the handle but I make it longer so it fits over the refrigerator handle nicely.

The towel is 44 rows. Row 45 is the edging of the towel. I don't do what it says for row 46. You can if you want to. I repeat the last row of the edging in a different color - a color of yarn that's the same color in the towel.

What the pattern says to do for Row 46 - this is also the edging of the towel
    Row 46: With No. 6 steel crochet hook join yellow w/sc in first st, (ch 4, sc in next st) across, fasten off.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-10-2018 at 03:32 PM.

11. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Well, actually, it was my husband's idea to use a pillow, or black fabric.
    Aren't hubbies amazing for that??

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Kool_Kitten,
    The handle of the towel starts on row 21. Rows 21 - 42 is how long the handle is on the pattern. I make my handle longer. I crochet more rows before I start on row 43. It's up to you how long you want the handle but I make it longer so it fits over the refrigerator handle nicely.

The towel is 44 rows. Row 45 is the edging of the towel. I don't do what it says for row 46. You can if you want to. I repeat the last row of the edging in a different color - a color of yarn that's the same color in the towel.

What the pattern says to do for Row 46 - this is also the edging of the towel
    Row 46: With No. 6 steel crochet hook join yellow w/sc in first st, (ch 4, sc in next st) across, fasten off.

I will try your pattern as soon as I can., meanwhile I have been trying some dreamcatchers......tell me what you think.....

Crochet Projects: What are you working on for November?-dreamcatcher-jpg

15. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Likes dancingbaehr, ramblyambly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dream catcher looks nice.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-10-2018 at 06:16 PM.

17. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post