Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Projects: What are you working on for November?

Hello members,

We would love to know what you are working on for the month of November for your crochet projects! So, what are you working on?

And, are you doing any Christmas crochet items?

Looking forward to hearing about what you are working on!

Post Thanks / Like
    i am not making anything specific for the holidays (that i am aware of yet!) but am continuing my projects from the year.

3. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have mentioned this before that I knitted this tote back in the summer but never attached the handles nor had I made the lining for the interior yet. I picked it up again yesterday and cut out the lining and sewed up the seams by hand. Now I need to put it in the tote and attach the lining to the knit tote. I started to make a pocket for small objects so as not to dump everything in the bottom where you have to dig for you keys or smaller objects such as lipstick. I got a phone call that lasted awhile and lost interest in finishing the tote. I will work on it another day. Might take me all of November to finish it as I keep getting sidelined.
    Here is a picture of the tote I knitted. Not mine but the picture on the pattern. I wanted to see if I could do it. Learned to knit watching you tube videos.

Picture of tote knitted swirl stripe mosaic.pdf

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 11-08-2018 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling

5. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Likes ramblyambly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm finishing up the towel toppers for my sister. I do have some snowmen done and I sold 2 snowmen(my brother bought 1 of the snowmen) and a reindeer hat at the craft show at my sister's church. Nothing else sold. The reindeer hat I sold for 6 dollars. The lady who bought it for her niece thought I should've charged more for all the work I put into it. My husband Mark thought I should've sold it for 8 dollars. Someone showed me on her cell phone that those reindeer hats were selling for $22 and I could probably sell them for $33. There was more people that would've bought a reindeer hat if I had more including my sister but I only had 1 reindeer hat. So I am starting to make some pieces for the hat. I have a few inner ears crocheted for it so far. But if I have a craft show again I wouldn't sell them for 22 or 33 dollars. The reindeer hat has ear flaps and the outer and inner crocheted ears and the antlers and the muzzle and nose.

7. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Loop...gcKQNEDnzHjdM: the picture is on the front of the book. I didn't have ties on the hat so it could tie underneath the chin. Maybe I was supposed to.

I thought I took a couple pictures of it but I didn't see it on my camera. The first reindeer hat I made was too small for a child size( I didn't do the ears and ear flaps and muzzle and nose and antlers for it) The next hat was too big and it became a basket for the snowmen that I crocheted. Then I used a bigger hook and made my stitches a bit looser and it was the right size for a child.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-09-2018 at 03:15 PM.

9. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Did you take your little sailor dress you made to be sold? I have seen on Etsy and other sites where some baby dresses that are crocheted sell anywhere from $40.00 to $80.00 depending on how elaborate they are.

If you sell your items you need to take into account your time in addition to the price of the yarn and pattern. I would think.

You better get started on some more hats looked like they were a big hit.

Spoula

11. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    But if I have a craft show again I wouldn't sell them for 22 or 33 dollars.
    Fourteen dollars!

13. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I did take the sailor's dress to the craft show.

15. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all!
    I have been working on making a piano key pillow for one granddaughter for Christmas. I finally finished it tonight. I was going to crochet a black backing for it, but since I hate crocheting with black yarn, I decided to buy a black pillow and attach the crocheted front to it. Well, actually, it was my husband's idea to use a pillow, or black fabric. Using the pillow also helps save time, since I want to make another one for another granddaughter who takes piano lessons. They are sisters. Here is the photo I promised to post. I will make the second on a little differently. I will crochet the white keys first and then crochet the black keys and attach them on top of the finished white keys, making them raised. I think it will look better. I will post a photo of it when I get it done.
    Crochet Projects: What are you working on for November?-p1080608-jpg Crochet Projects: What are you working on for November?-p1080610-jpg

I hope the girls will like their pillows!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

17. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Likes ramblyambly, Toffee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure they will be. If they are excited about taking piano lessons they will be excited about anything that has music on it especially something from their grandma that was made by her (crocheted by you) You did a good job by the way. and I'm sure you'll do a good job on your next one. You do nice work Jo.

https://crowsfeetchic.blogspot.com/2...printable.html

Printable Labels for Handmade Items | Little Monkeys Crochet | Little Monkeys Crochet
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-09-2018 at 10:35 PM.

19. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post