Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Having Fun With Picots - Not

The picots aren't hard to do it's finding the dc stitch that I'm supposed to put a sc in. The ch 3 in the pattern counted as a dc so I'm putting a sc in the top of the ch 3 also. Finding the ch or dc to put my hook in and making all those picots. I got one side of a scarf done. It's a short scarf that goes around the neck and then crosses - maybe 18-20 inches long or 24-26 inches long not sure I guess I could measure it. I just looked at the picots I did and it doesn't look quite right. Some places look more bumpy than other places. It doesn't look like the picture.

The book says: Finished size: Approximately 5" x 32" I don't know where they got the 5" cause each end comes to a point. I just measured it and it's 26 inches long.

The pattern is in a book I have called 'At Home With Crochet' - A Leisure Arts Publication
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sou...ochet/patterns
    It's the feminine scarf by Carol Jensen #61

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you are having trouble. Perhaps a larger hook?

Post Thanks / Like
    On the first side of the scarf I put the sc in the dc and the ch 3 because in the pattern the ch 3 was considered a dc. On the 2nd or other side of the scarf I put the sc in just the dc's not the ch 3. I'm already half way on this 2nd side of the scarf. I'm not sure which way is the right way so I'm going to Google it.

Does someone have a good video on picots?
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 10-26-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jeanmarie, Try some of these video link to see if any of them can help you.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help spoula and imalefty. I did the picos on one side of the scarf. I'm almost done with the other side of the scarf. What I was wondering is if I was doing it right. The pattern for the scarf has a ch 3 and dc's. The ch 3 counts as a dc. for the scarf.
    On the edging of the scarf it says to put a sc in the top of a dc. I don't know if that means to put the sc in the ch 3 too. Anyways I'm going to finish this one up and do something different for the edging on the 2nd scarf. I don't like picos. It's ch 3 and ss in the 3rd ch from the hook - easy- but I don't like it. It's boring. Goes too slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never liked picots either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hurried up and finished the edging on the one scarf (not sure if it's right but it looks alright) and the other scarf looks alright without a edging so I'm not going to put a edging on it. I'm planning on trying to sell these scarves.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you good luck! You do great work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    I wish you good luck! You do great work.
    Thanks imalefty!