Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    This is why I really need to learn to crochet! We are off on holiday shortly and it's 3 hours in the plane. I can't take my knitting needles in my hand luggage so can't really be productive in the air. One of the ladies from my charity group manages to crochet a whole pile of stuff every time she flies and she has never had an issue taking a plastic crochet hook on an aircraft. Scissors are another matter though!

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am fairly new to crocheting, but one of the first things I noticed was how portable it is. I like to sew, but have no place to set up my sewing machine except for the kitchen table, so by the time I drag all of my sewing stuff out, cut patterns, put it away...It just takes up so much time and space. I have my bag with my hooks and yarn and a project that I take most everywhere. It is great for when I take the kids to the park, or the Sunday afternoons that we spend at my mom's house (my mom is busy cooking...cleaning...she can't sit still a moment) and I usually end up watching golf in the living room with my dad and pretending to be interested-lol, it's perfect!

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Portable

Oh! i have the same problem with sewing. I'm not really a good seamstress, just do mending and odd things, but it sure does take up a lot of time and space. I find knitting is almost the same as crochet, its portable. My husband is a football nut so I set there with him and crochet away, and say whats the score now or look at that run.................