Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  40
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun Crochet Questions: What are you working on for the month of October?

Hello members,

We would love to know what you are working on for the month of October for your crochet projects! So, what are you working on?

Looking forward to hearing about what you are working on!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on little fur baby blankets, they are little blankets (around 19 inches wide to about 21 inches long, give or take ) that are given out when people adopt little kittens from Adopt an Angel. This way it helps them to have a little familiarity when they go home with one. I just started making them (I am helping a gal who also does them and she also gets yarn from me). I had a bout of tendonitis in both hands, had three cortisone shots and now my hands are good to crochet with regular yarn. I won't do the plastic sleep mats anymore, that is what almost destroyed them. So now I am happy back crocheting.

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a great idea! I would love to know more about this. It would be a great thing to do for charity!

5. Likes MeToo! liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I copied and pasted the link for Adopt an Angel which is based in New Hanover County NC (I live in Brunswick Cty) to give you an idea of what they do. Unfortunately, this page is showing the flooding caused by Hurricane Florence and what they currently need but it is a great organization to help the animals.

[url]https://www.adoptanangel.net/[/url]

I am sure though, any animal shelters or pet stores that may have kittens/cats for adoption would like little blankets to be given when the fur babys are adopted. I found out about this when I started giving my friend yarn and then realized I was able to go back to crocheting so I started doing them. Have done only eight so far (hurricane kind of slowed me down though). My friend is one of those who foster the animals also. This happens to be an organization based in NC only but the idea of little fur baby blankets could be for any place. I would imagine someone who have to approach them in what ever area they are in to see if that would be something they would like to have. The blankets can be any colors and patterns. I tend to do a denser stitch pattern to make it more comfy for the little ones. And they are a easy size, about 19-21 inches.

Hope this helps a bit.

7. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm crocheting snowman fridgies.

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

October projects

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello members,

We would love to know what you are working on for the month of October for your crochet projects! So, what are you working on?
    looking forward to hearing about what you are working on!
    I am working on two projects.

1) I am making an blanket to be gifted to my best friend's sister. My best friend saw the colors of the afghan I am making and mentioned that it would be perfect in her sister's home as the colors matched her furniture. I should have it completed in about two weeks and will ask my friend to gift it to her sister.

2) I am making a bed spread out of crochet thread and am about 80% complete. This is a project that I work on for a few months and get tired of it and put it up for awhile and later on return. I started with 225 balls of #10 crochet thread and purchased another 150 and will need more before it is completion. I am amazed at the weight of this monster and have decided that it will have to be taken to the dry cleaners to be washed or perhaps to the laundry mat as my home machine is not large enough to handle the bed spread. Blocking is going to be interesting or difficult because of lack of floor space.

11. Likes Barbara G., spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jdgmar, That bedspread out of crochet thread #10 is quite an undertaking. I would love to see it when you have finished. I don't know if I would have the patience to do something that takes months to finish. Even now I have been making baby clothes for the last 5 years and when I start one I can't wait to finish it to start the next one.

Spoula

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am on my third year working on the bed spread. I generally work on it for 4 months and put it up for 4 months.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

15. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished a plastic canvas picture of a flaming dragon, along with 8 sets of mug rugs ( adaptation from sunmote ) as well as a afghan in gray tones, pair of dragon tears fingerless gloves, 7 doiley dream catchers. So now I am working on a wind chime for my sister with her favorite pics, and a back post endless granny square as a relax time!Whew!

17. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    @jdgmar.

I am making a bed spread out of crochet thread and am about 80% complete. This is a project that I work on for a few months and get tired of it and put it up for awhile and later on return. I started with 225 balls of #10 crochet thread and purchased another 150 and will need more before it is completion. I am amazed at the weight of this monster and have decided that it will have to be taken to the dry cleaners to be washed or perhaps to the laundry mat as my home machine is not large enough to handle the bed spread. Blocking is going to be interesting or difficult because of lack of floor space.

!!! Maybe it won't need blocking? It could be the sort of thing you just put on the bed and smooth it, "ironing" it down with your arms if you know what I mean. Anyway, you'll just make sure it doesn't get dirty!

If you have a clothesline in your yard, you can hang it up there a couple times a year to let the wind blow thru it for a day to freshen it up. I do that with some of my huge bed linen/comforters, etc.

I cannot fathom working on a project requiring 400 or so balls of thread. I just can't. I am waiting to see you post a photo of this; I think we all are.

19. Likes Barbara G., kitty jean, spoula liked this post