Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aaaaagh?

Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaagh?

I am on my last lace square, half way through the last row (of the fourth of five panels, 7 squares each panel) and I ran out of yarn! It's off to JoAnn's I will have to go; I checked online and they have my yarn in stock. To continue the row, do I just tie the new yarn to where I left off and continue on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucie, If the lace part is the double crochets pull out you last dc and leave 2 loops on you hook join your yarn there and finish your dc last 2 stitches as usual and continue on with you square. Leave a little tail from the new yarn you are attaching and you can either weave it in later or you can put it on top of you next stitches and incorporate into the stitch to lock it in.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got back from JoAnn's with another ball of yarn, ripped out the last Lace square in the panel and crocheted it again a little tighter. Three of the panels start and end with afghan square. This panel starts and ends with a Lace square. To finish it to I just do a chain? I have no clue what the instructions mean as far as doing the borders. Is there a video for doing borders?
    Aaaaagh?-dscf0248-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Aaaaagh?-dscf0247-jpg 
    Last edited by Lucie; 10-02-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lucie;210184]I just got back from JoAnn's with another ball of yarn, ripped out the last Lace square in the panel and crocheted it again a little tighter. Three of the panels start and end with afghan square. This panel starts and ends with a Lace square. To finish it to I just do a chain? I have no clue what the instructions mean as far as doing the borders. Is there a video for doing borders?

Lucie, Here is a link for some borders ideas.
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ders&FORM=IGRE

Go on the Internet and type how to do boarders in crochet there are many links you can choose from.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lucie;210184]I just got back from JoAnn's with another ball of yarn, ripped out the last Lace square in the panel and crocheted it again a little tighter. Three of the panels start and end with afghan square. This panel starts and ends with a Lace square. To finish it to I just do a chain? I have no clue what the instructions mean as far as doing the borders. Is there a video for doing borders?

Lucie, I have a question about your blanket. Unless you laid it out different then the copy of the blanket you are making it looks like all your solid squares line up and the lace ones also line up side by side. The first picture you showed on this forum the one you made a long time ago you said you embroidered animals on the solid squares. If you lay out your blanket all your solid squares are lined up together and you won't get the look you are after.

Below is the example I think I saw on you first post. I could be wrong because you have made this before but the attached picture of your blanket doesn't match.

Row 1: solid square, lace square, solid square, lace square, solid square.
    Row 2: lace square, solid square, lace square, solid square, lace square,
    I think your blanket should look like this.

Aaaaagh?

This is your layout you are doing now.

Aaaaagh?

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 10-03-2018 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Found original picture of blanket

6. Thanks Lucie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, they aren't lined up as in the picture, I was just checking the size to see how my tension was coming along. Actually, the fourth panel was a bit sloppier than it should have been as I was trying to see how fast I could go. It turned out a bit larger than the other three panels. It helped when I re-crocheted the last square in the fourth panel. I am on the last panel (fifth) now and will post a new picture when finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Spoula, they aren't lined up as in the picture, I was just checking the size to see how my tension was coming along. Actually, the fourth panel was a bit sloppier than it should have been as I was trying to see how fast I could go. It turned out a bit larger than the other three panels. It helped when I re-crocheted the last square in the fourth panel. I am on the last panel (fifth) now and will post a new picture when finished.
    Hi Lucie,
    That is good to know that you are on track. I got scared thinking you were off track. It is good that you noticed that your last panel or square was not as tight and you caught it in time and was able to correct it.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like

Still Stewing...

Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Lucie,
    That is good to know that you are on track. I got scared thinking you were off track. It is good that you noticed that your last panel or square was not as tight and you caught it in time and was able to correct it.

Spoula
    I need to have ten loops going around my lace squares. Pattern instructions said to mark beginning of each panel for lower edge . I had no idea what this meant so I plowed ahead; now I am paying the price . Tonight I put markers every 6/8 inches across square which should give me ten loops. I have no clue how I did this back in 2003, when crocheting this same blanket. I do know that I did not use markers and don't remember having much difficulty in doing the edging. Gosh, I think I know what it must be like having amnesia. Aaaaagh?-ten-loops-jpg

OMG, I just noticed in an earlier post, above, I attached an image of a box? (a gift I was about to mail to my sister for her birthday).