Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

How to fasten off

I have finished my first of five panels, each consisting of seven squares. The last is my afghan square and directions are to fasten off before going to second of the five panels. Do I do the slip stitch in order to fasten off?

iweararedhat.blogspot.com

OH NO, I just watched a video on how to fasten off and I cut the yarn seven inches as shown...but I did not yet do the slip stitch and have 28 rows with 28 loops on top??? I forgot to wait and see if I should have worked across the row??? Help, please...

Solved: I tied the 7 inch piece I left dangling back on to the skein of yarn and fastened the row off. No one I know will ever know the difference!
    Last edited by Lucie; 09-24-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    Normally you start the row from right to left and do your slip stitch by pulling up a loop through the first 2 bars and slip stitch then pull up a loop through the next bar and slip stitch do this across the row and the last 2 bars are slipped stitch together.

I forgot to mention if you cut the yarn before you slipped stitch you may need to tie on some more yarn to that 7 inches and continue to fasten off.

That's all there is to it.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 09-23-2018 at 12:34 PM.