Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

It didn't turn out very good

I made a snowman on a round loom and it looks scary and freaky. I wanted it to be cute. She had a 12 peg loom on the video. The smallest loom I have is a 24 peg loom. The lady on the video used twigs for arms. I chained10 for the hands and then attached yarn in the middle of the v for the arm and chained 10 I think. The holly I chained 9 and just sewed on a couple red pieces of yarn for berries. On the video she used puff paint. The brown or maroon color yarn I did for the arms shows through the yellow scarf.

It didn't turn out very good-scary-snowman-001-jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=DS6fGfZZgV4
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-09-2018 at 08:10 PM.

2. Likes missro007, kl1000, karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot the buttons on the snowman. I'm not sure if I would've used buttons or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, I think he's kind of cute. In my humble opinion, all he needs is a smaller hat made with thinner yarn, possibly one that is longer and flops down instead of standing upright. I love the pompom on the end.

5. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Thanks Sue. I'll keep that in mind. After the above snowman I crocheted the pieces for a flat snowman where you put a magnet on the back and put it on the fridge. I haven't put it together yet. I started a rudolph the red nosed reindeer hat for kids.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's cute too!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by missro007 View Post
    I think it's cute too!!!
    Thanks. The green thing on the hat is Holly and the 2 red dots are the berries. The lady on the video used puff paint for the face and the Holly w/ berries and twigs for the arms and hands.

The pattern is on the post 'round loom knit toys' under where I wrote how to loom knit a snowman. You'll have to scroll down to see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your snowman is cute, the only thing I would change is the eyes. I would make them much smaller, like the stitches you used for the mouth. That would fix his/her scariness!
    Karen