Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Pattern Help

Post Thanks / Like

Pattern Help

Hello,

I am new to crochet, still learning to read patterns and I’m confused as to what to do with round 9 as written below...

ROUND 6-8: 30 sc
    ROUND 9: In 24, [ 4 sc, 2 sc into next st] 6 times. 36 sts

I think first I sc 24 sts, but with only 6 sts remaining in the round I have no idea what I’m supposed to repeat 6 times...

If anyone could help I would be very grateful!!

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi kRi5,
    I don't know what In 24 is but if you just follow what is in the brackets 6 times you will get 36 sts.

3. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I thought that and the rest of the pattern increases in the usual way. It was the “in 24” bit that confused me. Also, 24 is not a yarn colour needed, I checked that too.... 🤷🏼*♀️

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello kEi5, I don't know if you still need help but here is my understanding on this pattern.
    In round 6 through 8 you will end up with 30 single crochets.
    When you start round 9 in order to finish the round with 36 stitches you will repeat what the instructions are in the brackets. So it will take 24 sc to do your repeat of (4dc, 2sc into next stitch) repeat this across the round to get your 36 sc.
    (4sc plus 2 sc in the same stitch then do the same in the next stitch until you reach the end of the round. 6 sc x 6 times is 36 sc you will have at the end of the round.
    In 24 meant you will repeat what is in the brackets to get 36 sc in 24 stitches.
    I hope this is clear if you still need help let me know.
    Spoula

6. Likes karenlatlas, missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much, that does make sense! 😁

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello kEi5, I don't know if you still need help but here is my understanding on this pattern.
    In round 6 through 8 you will end up with 30 single crochets.
    When you start round 9 in order to finish the round with 36 stitches you will repeat what the instructions are in the brackets. So it will take 24 sc to do your repeat of (4dc, 2sc into next stitch) repeat this across the round to get your 36 sc.
    (4sc plus 2 sc in the same stitch then do the same in the next stitch until you reach the end of the round. 6 sc x 6 times is 36 sc you will have at the end of the round.
    In 24 meant you will repeat what is in the brackets to get 36 sc in 24 stitches.
    I hope this is clear if you still need help let me know.
    Spoula
    I think you meant 4 sc in the next 4 sts and 2 sc's in the next stitch.

9. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the help guys, I decided to skip the “in 24” part of the instructions and just work the part in brackets and it looks exactly like the picture so I’m thinking there was a typo in the pattern.

Thank you again for all your help!

11. Likes spoula, Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie,

She understood how to crochet what was in the brackets. I think she knew she had to crochet 4 sc in 4 stitches then 2 sc in the next stitch that was self exclamatory.

Her questions was She wanted to know what in 24 meant.
    I wrote out exactly what the instructions for Round 9 was with the explanation of what in 24 meant.

You always work the stitches in the brackets. 1sc,1sc,1sc,1sc =4 sc then 2sc in the next stitch this makes 6 stitches do this 6 times (6x6=36 stitches. In 24 means (in the next 24 stitches you will have repeated the stitches within the brackets 6 times to get 36 single crochets).

The lady already posted thanks and she understood and is finishing her project and that is what counts.

I am happy that we were able to provide the help she needed to continue her project and look forward to her posting a picture.
    This is a very nice forum where everyone tries to help each other.
    Thanks,
    spoula

Post Thanks / Like

Pattern Help

Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Jean Marie,

She understood how to crochet what was in the brackets. I think she knew she had to crochet 4 sc in 4 stitches then 2 sc in the next stitch that was self exclamatory.

Her questions was She wanted to know what in 24 meant.
    I wrote out exactly what the instructions for Round 9 was with the explanation of what in 24 meant.

You always work the stitches in the brackets. 1sc,1sc,1sc,1sc =4 sc then 2sc in the next stitch this makes 6 stitches do this 6 times (6x6=36 stitches. In 24 means (in the next 24 stitches you will have repeated the stitches within the brackets 6 times to get 36 single crochets).

The lady already posted thanks and she understood and is finishing her project and that is what counts.

I am happy that we were able to provide the help she needed to continue her project and look forward to her posting a picture.
    This is a very nice forum where everyone tries to help each other.
    Thanks,
    spoula
    This is a great forum whre everyone tries to help but sometimes the replies when someone tries to correct seems rude and short-tempered. I would appreciate a nicer tone, not taking corrections so personal.

Like this one!
    Just saying
    Thank you

14. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, I too was confused by the reference to 24. You explained it well, Spoula.

16. Likes spoula liked this post