Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Ruffle border: how to keep edge from stretching?

Hi everyone,

I’m new to crochet and just finished my first baby blanket. I’d like to add a ruffle border, but when I try it on my swatch, the edge just below the border stretches out, so the body of the blanket doesn’t lay flat. I hope it makes sense.

I have single crocheted all around the blanket, and for the ruffle, I’ve tried two options - 3 dc in each sc stitch, or 2 dc in each sc. Both options stretch the body of my blanket, which seems logical to be honest, but how do I stop this from happening? I’m using baby acrylic yarn (3). Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa2018 hi, Im not sure as I never had this happen (yet), Could be your size hook???? try that. Im sure a more professtional helper will see. Sunday so may be slow. Let us know if you found out problem. Susan2014 to see if this is like your edging. Lots more to see. Just go to search box & add crochet edging??

Lisa2018, Here is a link to check out https://www.allfreecrochet.com/Croch...t-Shell-Edging
    Last edited by Susan2014; 05-06-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Just a thought- sc around the blanket again. Then 2 dc in sc,1 dc in next sc, 2 dc in sc,1 dc in sc etc around. Or you can google crocheted ruffle edge. Good luck! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lisa2018.

Did you single crochet evenly around your blanket before you started your ruffle? You may have to use a larger hook size then what you made your blanket with. Below are two links that show you how to ruffle. I know you know how but it has some tips in the second link that may solve your problem. If not just let us know and we will try to help.
    After the video there is another link below it for some tips.

https://www.ehow.com/how_8474837_cro...fle-edges.html

Hope this helps,
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 05-07-2018 at 02:01 PM.