Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Dress not crochet or knit

Hello,

I put down my crochet hook for awhile and decided to make a little dress for my grand daughter's birthday. I did not finish it in time for the birthday party as I had planned.

I didn't have a pattern and I wish I had as I started to cut out the top, I cut it to her measurements and forgot all about the seams. It has been many years since I have sewn anything in a long time. I embroidered the top in a single rose.

I did this dress all by hand not a machine and I have lots of pricks on every finger. I stitched the neck, sleeves and belt in tiny pink stitches but you cannot see them in the picture. I simply cannot take good pictures.

Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Dress not crochet or knit-dress-jpg Dress not crochet or knit-pink-detail-belt-jpg 
    Last edited by spoula; 08-22-2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: adding a comment

2. Likes elproct, karenlatlas, Nova55, wyldeflowyr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, you outdid yourself! the dress is Very Nice. Did you have a picture of the rose and leaves? You did a real good job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean Marie, Thank you for the nice compliment.

I had an old stencil left over from when my daughter was a little girl and I used that to embroider the outline. I did not fill in the rose as it would have been to heavy on the material.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Very beautiful keepsake for your granddaughter..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vlveteyes View Post
    Very beautiful keepsake for your granddaughter..
    Hello vlveteyes, Thank you so much for your reply.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Pretty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ellebelle, Thank You so much.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Karenlatlas for the likes on the white dress.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Your granddaughter is one lucky little girl! Stitching the dress all by hand and adding the embroidery truly is a labor of love that turned out beautifully. Should you find that the dress seems too small due to the seam allowances, or if she outgrows it, you could cut the back in half, turn back the edges to finish them off, add ties and turn the dress into a pinafore to wear over another little plain dress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Sue, Thank you so much for your compliment. I never would have though about making a pinafore what a wonderful idea. I use to have so many vintage little girl patterns from the 1940's-1950's given to me by a lady I worked with. Her daughter was in her 50's with no children of her own and my coworker wanted to pass them down to me. It was a lovely gift and I made so many pretty things for my daughter with those patterns. I wish I still had those patterns as they do not go out of style.

Thanks again for replying to my picture of the little dress and for sharing your wonderful idea for a pinafore.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 04-28-2018 at 06:20 AM. Reason: spacing