Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Drape Yarns Questions

Hi . I was wondering if a person has to go by the drape of a yarn ?I have heard that animal fibers have less drape and you have to go buy plant fibers like silk,lace etc?I s that true what do you guys think?
    The plant fiber yarns are kinda too expensive for me. Can a person still get drape from animal fibers or does a person have to buy the other stuff? I only like buying less expensive yarn for making stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea but you might find some help on Pinterest.
    Leona

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi crochetknitfan, Take a look at this link it Looks like it might help you.

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic...rns-questions/

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, you clever dog, Spoula.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Thanks for responding and for the help.

Yeah,that link on Crochetville was also posted by my sister (crochetknitfan/catwoman),she posted the question on other forums as well, to try to get more help,and see what their answers would be as well.

Afterall,the more help the better,it helps to get as many helpful tips and answers as we can.As I always say, you can never have enough help when it comes to working on your knitting/crochet projects

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello undyingqueen, Are you new to this forum if so welcome. So crochetknitfan/catwomen is your sister?

I agree the more help the better. I think your sister must not have seen that she has asked this same question before and had several replies from other ladies as well as myself to this question that is why I sent her the link again.
    She didn't mention that she was also cat women and had received the answer already. If she needs help in finding her post and responses Barbara G is the moderator and always ready to help navigate this forum.

We look forward to seeing some of yours and your sisters crochet items.

We are here to help and enjoy each others projects.

spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,

Thanks for the welcome,and for explaining.

Yes,she is my sister.I don't think she's posted the question about Drape Yarn in particular on this forum before,though I could be wrong.

Are you Granny Square on the CrochetVille forum? If so,we didn't know that you were that user that had already responded to that question on the Crochetville forum.You mentioned that you and other people had responded to her other post,but we checked and the only reply she had on the post you linked to on the CrochetVille forum was one response from GrannySquare,and she had one response from a different man on a different knitting forum.

Thats why she was curious and sought other people's help and opinions about the Drape Yarn on this forum as well,after posting on the other forums.

Thank you for letting me know about Barbara.We've talked to Barbara G,and the admin before,they've been a wonderful help and have been very supportive.Barbara G is a good friend and has always been helpful and friendly in helping my sister and I out when we need it.

Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by UndyingQueen; 03-26-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again undyingqueen, Yes your sister did post this question before and maybe she didn't get the answer she was looking for although the one from Granny Square is not bad.

Ha, no I am not Granny Square on another forum. I am just an old lady trying to share what little knowledge I have with crochet to help others if I can. I think sometimes it is a dying art then I see all the lovely things others are posting and I am happy that folks still like to do needle work.

I have answered your siste
    r's questions on this forum to the best of my ability but only if I could be of help I don't know everything there is to know about crochet.

Your sister told me in a reply she was a beginner at crochet so I tried to help her. I saw her question about draping on the Internet by cat women and it was word for word what she had wrote so I posted the link to see if that helped her.

I also recommended that she ask her questions on the Internet as there are way more answers out there. Google is your friend and you tube too.

I hope she gets all the answers she needs to start crocheting. I believe my last post to her was just start and if you make mistakes it is ok that is how you learn.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 03-27-2018 at 03:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,

Thanks for letting me know,and for explaining.I looked at all of her old posts on this forum,and she did ask a question before about drape yarn,but I think this time she was curious about whether she needed to use expensive fibers like plant or animal fibers,cause she had abit of a hard time understanding which fibers she could use.

Thank you for all the help though,we appreciate it.She loves knitting and crocheting and has been making different things over the last year or two (she's made some beautiful hats,and really nice shoes/slippers, she has been working on a gorgeous blanket for the last month or so, and has been having a little bit of trouble trying to make a purse recently).

It's something she's really taken to and has enjoyed doing over the last few years,and she is working hard to try to learn and get better.She doesn't know much about gauge,or needles,and the different types of yarn,but for the last year or so she has been searching Google,searching and using different patterns, and watching videos on YouTube.She's mostly self taught, and I'm really proud of her teaching herself and learning as best she can, and posting on various knitting and crochet forums seeking help, tips, and opinions from other knitters and crocheters when she's stuck or confused about something.She is a little autistic,and because she is a beginner,she sometimes has trouble communicating,and abit of a hard time typing and getting her point across with spelling mistakes (which she often tries her best to correst, or edit and fix),so I know some people might think her questions and posts are silly,or hard to understand, but she is trying her best.

I admit I don't know much about knitting and crocheting myself as I'm not much of a knitter,but after her last post on the Steel/Aluminum Needles in February and some of the responses to it,she's been a little worried about asking her questions on the forum,so I've joined the forum to help her, and keep a watchful eye on things.

I'm glad she can post, share things with others,and ask for help and opinions on various knitting and crocheting forums like Crochettalk, Crochetville,etc. Its good to know that you guys are committed to making the community a safe place for my sister and others like her to post on here seeking advice, asking questions and sharing things in a positive way.

We hope this can continue to be a friendly and positive community where she doesn't have to worry about asking questions or seeking help.
    Last edited by UndyingQueen; 03-27-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Undying queen, I am glad you have joined this forum and will help your sister. When she was posting her questions like asking how to read a tape measure I thought she was a child as you learn that in grammar school. I directed her to the Internet as they have pictures of a tape measure with detail explanations I thought that would be more helpful then trying to write out some long explanation.

I am glad that you have cleared up why she has so many questions and they are welcome. This is a very nice forum with good folks and I am sure nobody meant to make her uncomfortable. I am glad you read her previous post and was able to see that she did receive answers to her questions. As you can see by her post she was all over the place with many questions then with more difficult ones. Her questions may not have been taken seriously. I am very happy that she is making crochet and knitting items. I told her to start something and it is ok to make mistakes you learn from them besides no matter what you make in crochet it looks good. I taught myself to knit watching you tube videos so I know that works and you can pause or back up as much as you need to.

spoula