Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

For Those Of You Who Are Right Handed

Something that might help you when crocheting is to put a thimble on your left thumb sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why? What is the thimble helping on my thumb?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello jean-marie,

What is the thimble for. How can it help in crochet?

Thank You,
    Myra

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    The thimble goes on the side or/and back of your thumb. I put it on my left thumb sometimes (don't know if it's actually for the thumb. it might be for the finger) cause when I make a stitch I pull the yarn (not only through the stitch but) farther up so the yarn needs to be pulled back down to finish the stitch. This can be hard on my thumb so I got the idea to put a thimble on. I don't always use a thimble. The thimble has rubber inside the steel part so you have more of a padding on the thimble. I tried a thimble for both thumbs but that makes it hard to crochet.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Thanks for the explanation I could not understand the use of a thimble in crochet.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of putting a thimble on my left thumb I put a leather thimble on my right thumb (but I had cut it before on one side so it's wide enough for my thumb and then put some tape on it) while crocheting. I pull the yarn farther up than needed when pulling the yarn through the stitch and then pull the yarn back down so I can finish the stitch for tension but then my stitches are tight and it's hard to get the hook through to make another stitch but maybe this is only the baby yarn? I don't remember my thumbs hurting before either but maybe it's the baby yarn too?