Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: color blending

Post Thanks / Like

color blending

i'm having some doubts with color blending on an afghan i've been working on for a year now. certain colors are very hard to come by in yarn, so i've just been trying to make due with what i can find. at any rate, i can't figure out the best way to change from greens to yellows. not too many yellow yarns available so not sure how to proceed. any comments/suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images color blending-20180226_074059-jpg color blending-20180226_074046-jpg color blending-20180226_074628-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I like how the color moves from light green to light yellow in the third picture.

Personally, I have not done color blending like this before. But, it looks like you are off to a great start.

3. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not done color blending either and I also like the way the greens go into the yellows. It looks beautiful.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good to me

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely Thanks for posting

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the positive feedback, definitely a confidence booster. Someone on another forum explained to me how to figure out what I was looking to accomplish by converting a photo to black and white. If you look at the third picture in b&w you can see that it doesn't match the pattern of the rest of the afghan.color blending-20180226_074628-jpgcolor blending-1111-jpgcolor blending-1112-jpg
    Last edited by RIPdotty; 02-27-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks fine. I would leave it. People would probably think it was supposed to be that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good.

Post Thanks / Like

Color blending

Quote Originally Posted by RIPdotty View Post
    i'm having some doubts with color blending on an afghan i've been working on for a year now. certain colors are very hard to come by in yarn, so i've just been trying to make due with what i can find. at any rate, i can't figure out the best way to change from greens to yellows. not too many yellow yarns available so not sure how to proceed. any comments/suggestions?

This looks great! What is the pattern? Where can I find it. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The original pattern is Shadow Reflections, if you do a google search of "shadow reflections afghan" it should pop up with links to the actual pattern. If you are unable to find it I can see if I still have a hard copy somewhere to make a soft copy so i can email it to you. It's also similar to the apache tears afghan pattern. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/apache-tears