Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help with Tunisian Crochet or Afghan Crochet

I have crocheted for over 50 years now and am just now starting my first Tunisian Crochet project from a kit, I have watched instructions on how to perform this type of crochet on You Tube and am asking our members who do this type of crochet for any tips them might like to share. The blanket that I am making requires many color changes and I am a little unsure about "locking" in the thread when changing or introducing a new color.

Thank you for taking the time to read this request and sharing your experience in this area of crochet. This is a photo of the blanket I am making.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with Tunisian Crochet or Afghan Crochet-sw-afghan-jpg 
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    This is beautiful! I have done Tunisian, but not with changing colors yet. Hopefully, someone will be along to help before long.

Thanks for your patience!

3. Thanks jdgmar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I belong to a crochet group on Facebook and one of the administrators( Kim) in the group does videos of different things and color change in Tunisian was the last event she just did cause I said I didn't know how. She does a great job at explaining how to do things.
    Gloria

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your response. I would very much like to look into joining the Facebook crochet group you refer to. Please give me the name of the Facebook Group so I can do whatever is required to join this group. Again, I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my request.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh so sorry the name is crochet neighbor I meant to put the name in .
    Gloria

7. Thanks jdgmar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, ladies. You can also look on YouTube for videos and tutorials. I have been thinking about trying Tunisian crochet also, but have several other projects to finish first.

9. Thanks jdgmar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jdgmar,
    That's a pretty blanket

11. Thanks jdgmar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to thank everyone who responded to this post. I have subsequently learned how to confidently change colors when crocheting in this particular style and I benefited much for many of the above posts. Thanks ever so much and I am going to stop monitoring this post. I promise to provide pictures of the completed blanket once that happens -- this is slow going for me so it will be awhile before it is completed.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ