Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Temperature Blanket

A Temperature Blanket is a great project to start January 1st! The idea is to crochet a row a day for an entire year. The color you use is determined by the temperature each day.

Temperature Blanket-img_0776-jpg

Has anyone here ever done one of these? Sounds fun, I'd have to adjust the grid to reflect my hot climate, only three days in the year still time to start with out being too behind.

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty afghan love the colors. I'd like to try never seen before however here in Florida especially this yr it's all warm. Any suggestions. Sue

4. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty Blanket.

Post Thanks / Like

Temperature Blanket

Quote Originally Posted by Suewin View Post
    A Temperature Blanket is a great project to start January 1st! The idea is to crochet a row a day for an entire year. The color you use is determined by the temperature each day.

Temperature Blanket-img_0776-jpg

Has anyone here ever done one of these? Sounds fun, I'd have to adjust the grid to reflect my hot climate, only three days in the year still time to start with out being too behind.
    H, What pattern are you using it looks pretty? Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ging36ging View Post
    Well I first tried the one as in the pic but my gauge was WAY off and it would have been way too long, like 200 inches long!
    So I'm still trying to find a way to make each row thinner with out changing out the yarn I bought just for this project (which is is a 4 so I didn't think of it being too thick!)
    Once I figure it all out I'll post a pic of my progress.

Susan

Post Thanks / Like

Temperature Blanket

Did you ever get an answer on what pattern this is? I really like it as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnly16r View Post
    Did you ever get an answer on what pattern this is? I really like it as well
    I did not use that pattern because my gauge was way off, I decided to just do a herringbone HDC, here's a pic through the 13th, in the picture it shows both sides how that stitch works up. Got to love North Texas and crazy fluctuating temps!

Temperature Blanket-img_1757-jpg

Even just as a HDC stitch my gauge check calculation seem that it will still be over 104 inches long! I made it 60 inches wide, so each row takes 30-40 mins to do, not bad to keep up if I do a row a day.

I'm enjoying it and am happy so far.

Edited to add I don't know why my pic went sideways!

Susan
    Last edited by Suewin; 01-14-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Herringbone stitch

Quote Originally Posted by Suewin View Post
    I did not use that pattern because my gauge was way off, I decided to just do a herringbone HDC, here's a pic through the 13th, in the picture it shows both sides how that stitch works up. Got to love North Texas and crazy fluctuating temps!

Temperature Blanket-img_1757-jpg

Even just as a HDC stitch my gauge check calculation seem that it will still be over 104 inches long! I made it 60 inches wide, so each row takes 30-40 mins to do, not bad to keep up if I do a row a day.

I'm enjoying it and am happy so far.

Edited to add I don't know why my pic went sideways!

Susan
    Hi Susan, How do you do a Herringbone HDC I know a HDC but not the Herringbone? It's very pretty anyway love the colors. Here in S. Fl we don't get much change in color we have been lucky to have one cold day. Then back to 70's-80's. What yarn are you using it didn't look real thick in the first afghan you had started? I made an aghan once with all my small balls of yarn to get rid of them and did 200 stitches and just a sc used up a lot of small balls of yarn but sc took a while to do but was nice and warm we lived up in RI then so we could use it. Looks like it'll be a nice warm afghan. Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan, How do you do a Herringbone HDC I know a HDC but not the Herringbone? It's very pretty anyway love the colors. Here in S. Fl we don't get much change in color we have been lucky to have one cold day. Then back to 70's-80's. What yarn are you using it didn't look real thick in the first afghan you had started? I made an aghan once with all my small balls of yarn to get rid of them and did 200 stitches and just a sc used up a lot of small balls of yarn but sc took a while to do but was nice and warm we lived up in RI then so we could use it. Looks like it'll be a nice warm afghan. Sue
    It's a HDC but with just a slight difference of when you pull through, I felt it gave it more character!
    North Texas is for January has has a lot of changes in temps, I think I've only had 3 days in the same color.
    It takes me 40-45 mins to do one row, and I'm trying to keep up daily or every other day, for fear of getting to far behind!

Maybe I should have started with a scarf instead!!! lol

I'll show updated pics as I go a long.

thanks,
    Susan

Post Thanks / Like

How do I get to the patterns ?

The ones they post to re-make the item . Free patterns never come on so I can sew them.