Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Question Gauge Swatch Questions

Hi.I was wondering if a person has to block (wet)their swatch?(would it make any different in the sets and rows of the swatch?I know that when I was taught knitting or crocheting a gauge swatch they never said anything about wetting (blocking) a gauge swatch?.wouldn’t the swatch while wet making the sts expand and then dry go back to original size? What are you guys opinions on it?what do you guys think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I don't block any of my crochet items.

I would assume if you don't block your crochet items, you wouldn't block your swatch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara.so blocking gauge swatches in different yarn types like wool don't change the gauge or shrink?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like to block cause it doesn't seem to work or keeps going back to the original shape when dry and so I'd try blocking again and keep trying so I don't block crochet items. It would look nice and even look more professional if I blocked but it doesn't seem to work and even things I make to give to people I don't block. I think it's hard to block cause I seem to have to do it over and over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,
    Crochetknitifan, I am attaching a link to a website with Cheryl Brunette she is an expert in knitting and she also crochets.

I have attached this link because Cheryl mentions why you need to block your gauge swatch. She explains in detail why you should do it and what the results are. You may have to ask your question once you are on her website. I attached the main website link. You can learn a lot from her videos. I think you can post questions to her also.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/CherylBrunetteTV

Spoula