Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Changed My Mind

Post Thanks / Like

Changed My Mind

I have decided, as long as I am starting to learn how to crochet all over again, to begin with baby booties. Two new grand kids are on their way (2018)!

Changed My Mind-booties-jpg

Do I post a link to the pattern here?

First question: It calls for Hook: E/3.5MM. It looks a bit bulky, is there an alternative to this hook?

Thanks so much, Lucie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the one's I've been making. Is this the same pattern? Maybe it's a different pattern cause it calls for a G hook.
    Simple & Sweet Baby Slippers – Free Crochet Pattern » Loganberry Handmade or this is the same pattern but different. Neon Trim Baby Slippers – Free Crochet Pattern » Loganberry Handmade. I've made a few slippers with baby yarn but I also made a few with thicker yarn and a H hook using the same pattern and the slipper would fit a toddler.

Although, with the thicker yarn and the H hook, on the end of Round 2 I had 3 stitches left so I did 2 hdc in the last 3 stitches. The same thing at the end of Round 3 but you might have 4 or 5 sts at end of Round 3 so I did 2 hdc in ea of the 4 or 5 sts. So on Round 6 I did the 12 stitches , dc 2 tog 6 times and then the 12 hdc sts again but you might have a few sts left on Round 6 so you can count your sts and even it out- divide the sts. - 12 and 12 or 11 and 11 or 14 and 14 sts or you can do 12 sts and 12 sts, on either side of the dc 2 tog, and on the end of Round either do the last 4 or 5 sts or go right from hdc into sc without finishing the Round. On these last slippers at the end of Round 6 I did 5 hdc sts to finish Round and on Round 7 I did 11 sc's on one slipper and 12 sc's on other slipper and then the dc 2 tog and the sc's . It's up to you if you're sticking with the pattern but if you use thicker yarn and a bigger hook and add more sts you'll get a bigger slipper. One lady added a row(36 sts). You can look at the comments below the pattern.

Also, I changed the color of yarn I was using on the last row on these last slippers.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-21-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Looks like the one's I've been making. Is this the same pattern? Maybe it's a different pattern cause it calls for a G hook.
    Simple & Sweet Baby Slippers – Free Crochet Pattern » Loganberry Handmade or this is the same pattern but different. Neon Trim Baby Slippers – Free Crochet Pattern » Loganberry Handmade. I've made a few slippers with baby yarn but I also made a few with thicker yarn and a H hook using the same pattern and the slipper would fit a toddler.

Although, with the thicker yarn and the H hook, on the end of Round 2 I had 3 stitches left so I did 2 hdc in the last 3 stitches. The same thing at the end of Round 3 but you might have 4 or 5 sts at end of Round 3 so I did 2 hdc in ea of the 4 or 5 sts. So on Round 6 I did the 12 stitches , dc 2 tog 6 times and then the 12 hdc sts again but you might have a few sts left on Round 6 so you can count your sts and even it out- divide the sts. - 12 and 12 or 11 and 11 or 14 and 14 sts or you can do 12 sts and 12 sts, on either side of the dc 2 tog, and on the end of Round either do the last 4 or 5 sts or go right from hdc into sc without finishing the Round. On these last slippers at the end of Round 6 I did 5 hdc sts to finish Round and on Round 7 I did 11 sc's on one slipper and 12 sc's on other slipper and then the dc 2 tog and the sc's . It's up to you if you're sticking with the pattern but if you use thicker yarn and a bigger hook and add more sts you'll get a bigger slipper. One lady added a row(36 sts). You can look at the comments below the pattern.

Also, I changed the color of yarn I was using on the last row on these last slippers.
    Here is the link to the pattern CROCHET BABY BOOTIES: Learn how to make your own baby booties. The written instructions are different than what I posted earlier (hence the needle).

I gave your pattern a quick look and the instructions are great, thanks so much for sharing. I am making a folder and saving them to my computer as my working tutorial. I will be posting in a day or so to show you my progress--for better or worse!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a little different.