Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I need your opinion on using the Red Heart Ombre yarn

Hi everyone. I am new here but I've been crocheting for many years and I need your advise. I have started a throw using the Red Heart Ombre yarn. I have finished with the first skein and need to start with another skein. The skein I finished with ended in the light blue and the other skeins start with the dark blue. I'm undecided how to start with the next skein. Should I find the light blue in the new skein and start with it or should I just join the light blue with the dark on a new row? In my mind, it looks like it would be too much of a color change to start with the dark when I finished with the light. Has anyone used this yarn with large projects and if so, how or where did you join the new skeins in with the end of your last when they are opposite colors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Denise,
    If you want to keep the ombre color progression, be sure not to have an extended length of light blue crochet. It probably isn't too far to the light blue yarn or just beyond it. Being a bit compulsive, OK a LOT compulsive, I would keep the progression going. Dafy

Post Thanks / Like
    I found one of the skeins that should work. The outside end of it matches the color I'm ending with after I pull out my unfinished row. I have found the color slightly darker than it on this new skein and I will cut off the excess. I also looked for this color and the color slightly darker on my finished rows so I think I have it worked out where to cut it off and then where to join the new skein and the end of the last finished row and get started back. I want to keep the progression going that's why I didn't like the idea of joining the inside end when I was ready to start a new skein. Since I hadn't used this type before, I just thought I would ask in hopes that someone with experience with it could tell me what worked best for them. I've always enjoyed a good challenge and this most definitely appears to be. I hope this is understandable because I'm not too good at explaining this. If it's not, please feel free to ask me to explain again.
    Last edited by Denise G; 10-22-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You explain just fine, Denise. Good luck with your throw. Be sure to post a picture when you finish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dafydil View Post
    You explain just fine, Denise. Good luck with your throw. Be sure to post a picture when you finish!
    Thank you. I'm so out of practice, I wasn't sure. I'll try to remember to do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Truthfully,I have never thought about the color change. Everything I have made came out fine. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Truthfully,I have never thought about the color change. Everything I have made came out fine. Have fun!
    Thank you! I am having fun. It is working out so beautifully! I showed what I have finished to my friend last night and she loved it! She kept saying over and over, "It is so beautiful!". It's the slow change of color that sets it off to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is finished. Now I hate to give it up but I don't know what I would do with it.

I need your opinion on using the Red Heart Ombre yarn-blue-ombre-throw-3-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just stunning, love the way the colors just blend into each other and look great. Oh and my bedroom is blue, hint, hint, LOL.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    That is just stunning, love the way the colors just blend into each other and look great. Oh and my bedroom is blue, hint, hint, LOL.

Roe
    LOL! Thank you but I'm afraid I can't take credit for it being so pretty. That is due to Red Heart making the yarn like this. When I started it, I was going to give it away to a chemo patient but then I thought if I did that, a man would probably want it because of it being blue. That has happened before but this one is just too pretty to give to a man so I will keep it myself when I decide where to put it. If I had known this, I would have purchased more yarn and made it wider but, hindsight is 20/20. Thanks again everyone!