Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, please post the web site url as I would love the pattern also. I can make those and take them to the local hospital near me. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm part of one of the local Project Linus groups here in town and even in the desert there is a need for blankets! Project Linus can be found at Project Linus National Headquarters . We meet once a month and between us we generally have about 400 blankets turned in each month. My partner is a blanketeer as well as he spends two - three days a month just making the deliveries to the hospitals, police stations and shelters.

Each year our crochet guild group will adopt a child and put together a complete 'back to school' package for that child. I usually make a sweater while some of the others will make fashion scarfs, mittens, etc. We also take up a collection to purchase school supplies for the child as well.

Even if there isn't a group near you, you can still do something in your own town. Just check with the local hospital neonatal unit to see if they would accept blankets and caps. The local shelters are always looking for blankets.

I use the proceeds from the sale of my patterns to purchase yarns for Project Linus as the group never seems to have enough!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this pattern for a preemie cap online. Haven't had time to make it yet, but I'll let you know how it turns out... Sue
    Preemie Stocking Cap Lion Brand® Jamie® Baby Pattern #: cja-preemie
    MATERIALS: F Hook. 1 ball Lion Brand Jamie Baby Yarn.
    GAUGE: 20 sc = 4 inches BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook.
    STITCH EXPLANATION: Dec 1: Pull up loop in each of next two sc; yo, pull through all 3 loops on hook.

CAP
    Ribbing for Brim: Ch 11.
    Row 1: Sc in second ch from hook and in each ch across-10 sc. Ch 1, turn.
    Row 2: Sc in back loop only of first sc and each sc across. Ch 1, turn. Rep Row 2 until piece meas approx 9˝", slightly stretched. Turn work sideways.

Crown: Row 1: Work 45 sc evenly spaced along side of ribbing. Ch 1, turn.
    Row 2: Sc in both loops of each sc across. Ch 1, turn. Rep Row 2 until piece meas 2" from ribbing.

First Dec Row: Sc in first 2 sc, * dec 1, sc in next 3 sc; rep from * across, ending last rep with only 1 sc-36 sc. Ch 1, turn.
    Second Dec Row: * Sc in next 2 sc, dec 1; rep from * across-27 sc.

Work next two rows even.

Third Dec Row: * Dec 1; rep from * across, sc in last sc-14 sc.
    Work one row even.
    Last Row: * Dec 1; rep from * across-7 sc. Cut yarn leaving long tail. Thread yarn through last 7 sc, pulling tight to close. Sl st or sew back seam, reversing at brim to keep seam invisible. Add pom-pom if desired.

ABBREVIATIONS / REFERENCES
    Click for explanation and illustration
    approx = approximately
    ch(s) = chain(s)

dec = decreas(e)(s)(ing)
    meas = measure(s)

rep = repeat(s)(ing)
    sc = single crochet

sl st = slip stitch
    yo = yarn over

Learn to Crochet Instructions: Learn to Crochet: Lion Brand Yarn

5. Likes yarnmama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for the patttern, Suegray, I used to make things for Project Linus too, but had to send it by mail and it really became costly. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, my name is Janis and I learned to crochet watching my grandmother about 50 yrs. ago. I love to crochet for infant and sew christening gowns that I give to charity.I recently retired and have lots of time. I love reading and sewing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janis,

It is nice to meet you! Aren't grandmas great! Look forward to hearing more about you and your crochet projects!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janis and welcome too!! i also learned from my Grandmother, but that was more than 50 years ago.............. My Mom didn't do crochet at all that I remember, Grandma also taught me how to knit. Grandma's are great. Look forward to many more posts from you and about you and your projects. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Made this cap, and it is VERY small ! Would possibly fit a 6-months gestation preemie, but not a 5 lb baby. When I make it again, I will make the following adjustments:
    Ribbing: Rep Row 2 until piece meas 10" flat.
    Crown: Row 1: Work 60 sc
    First Dec Row: -48 sc
    Second Dec Row: - 36 sc
    Third Dec Row: -18 sc
    Last Row: -9 sc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sue,
    Thanks so much for posting the pattern, I will do some of those this winter when the weather is really bad and can't get out. I still have a cowl that I haven' touched in over a month. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    @suegray Thanks for posting your pattern. And welcome to the group. @Janistwins Hello! Nice to have you here. Hope you can find time to post your wonderful creations soon.