Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I would really like to do these things too. Sadly, though, there is no organization which supports this cause here in my country. I've been trying to look around for some time now but I could not find any! Also, since I'm staying in a tropical area, there is not much demand for these stuff, although I'm sure there's still a necessity for chemo caps, lap blankets and other similar charity items, but perhaps only done with cotton yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Giftedchild,

You could look into participating in a send-in for another country. I know a woman here in the US who is collecting granny squares from all over to put together blankets for her local chapter of Project Linus.

Post Thanks / Like
    @writer_crafter Hi! Thanks for your suggestion. I just think I have to look into (and exhaust all resources first!) what I can do for my fellow countrymen first before I try to do something for people in another location. It may sound cliche-ic but I believe that charity should still begin at home. I'm not saying that I don't like to help other nationalities but I hope you understand my situation - you know, staying in a 3rd world country, seeing a lot of my countrymen in need of help, having a lot of poverty around me and all. I like to help but I'm still exploring how I will go about it. Once I've done this, and I find that my creations can't be useful here, then I will try other avenues and maybe contact you later on

Post Thanks / Like
    Giftedchild,

We totally understand. I am sure most of us feel this way deep down in side when we see need within our own country. I am sure that your heart will lead you to where you need to be. You will find peace along the way by helping others that you are led to. Thank you for posting your thoughts!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been trying to get other crocheters or knitters on board with making stockings we could fill for the cancer kids in our area. I am surprised at the lack of response. I think it would be an amazing thing to do. I do the hats for chemo but thought with Christmas coming up it would be a nice thing to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn,

What a great idea in doing Christmas stockings! How regular do you do stockings for charity?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the first year I have tried. My thoughts were that it would cheer up the kids and give them or their parents a keepsake. So far no response or help from any crafters in my area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes it just takes one person with a small project to get the ball rolling. Even if you do this project starting with just one family you are making a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a great idea Taylor's Gigi! Why don't you post your pattern on here and maybe someone who is looking to help might send some stockings your way!

Post Thanks / Like
    @TaylorsGigi - Do you have a location in mind, like a particular hospital or something? Maybe you could find out how many you would need. People might respond better if they knew how many stockings would be needed. For example, 1 might not be too many to make for each crafter but if they would have to make 3-5 to be sure to cover all the kids, then that might be too much with such short notice. Maybe you would have better luck organizing tis for next year. I think its a wonderful project.