Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been a member of this local group called the Knitting Sisters. They work with a number of different charities and then let the knitters know what they need. I've knitted quite a few dinosaur stuffed animals for the children at a local children's hospital.

Post Thanks / Like
    An Etsy seller I follow on Facebook posted a link to this blog today: The Stitches of Friendship Project | Simply Ande

A woman in WV is collecting knitted/crocheted squares for her local Linus Project chapter. You should check it out

Post Thanks / Like
    you know what? I would love to contribute to these charities, but there is an issue in getting the items delivered. Sending by mail is nesseary and in Canada, just to send a letter is almost $1.00. so I don't feel that I can afford to mail heavier stuff out.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's UK only, but I'm part of a charity called Loving Hands. We sew, knit and crochet for charity and the stuff goes all over the world. Most hospitals are desperate for premature baby hats and cardigans, and they're great to knit or crochet as they are so quick!

Crocheting for Charity

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hats are also really easy and there are so many patterns out there. I knit lots of bright stripes and colours so that it cheers things up a bit but I know people also like pastels and more traditional baby colours. Hats are a great stash buster allowing you to use up all the bits and pieces in your stash.

morag

Post Thanks / Like
    Those sweaters are spot on gorgeous. Lucky babies! I also like making Duduza (comfort dolls) Duduza Pattern. This project started with an AIDS charity- the dolls are used as packing material for the HIV meds going overseas. So the children receiving the meds also get a neat surprise. These little dolls are superfast to make- they also make great small gifts for kids living in shelters, in transition.

Post Thanks / Like
    And here is the Duduza crochet pattern: Duduza Pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those sweaters are adorable! Any chance you could post a pattern?

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great idea! To make little projects for children in need! Chemo caps are a great idea. So are making hats for newborn babies, or small blankets! They would not take much time to complete, either!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are so many worthy causes out there that it can be hard to decide what to support. I always think starting local is the best way, most local hospitals will take donations of blankets or hats for babies, or an old people's home could use lap blankets, an animal shelter could use blankets, or a school might need toys. The main issue I have had with donating stuff is mailing it off after it has been made - it can be SO expensive! At least if you're knitting for the local hospital it's easier to drop it off in person.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also like to remember homeless shelters, group homes for children, kids in foster care. Donations of scarves, mittens (yes you can crochet them), hats are always welcomed.