Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure what you are referring to, but are the "snowman marshmallows" acrylic pom poms, or are they the foamy shapes. Both would be found in what they call the "craft basics" section of a craft store or with the craft supplies at Dollar Tree or Wal Mart. There are also packages of foam "beads" that are already drilled for stringing. Depending on the size of the hook you are using, you can also use the clear plastic tubing that is sold for small water or air lines. You can find that in the plumbing department by the foot in any big box home improvement store or somewhere that specializes in selling tropical fish. There is also a colored silicone fuel line that comes in a number of diameter sizes that is used in radio-controlled airplanes. You can buy this by the inch and it will usually be sold in a hobby shop that sells fuel-powered radio-controlled airplanes or boats. Hope that this will be of help. Any questions, please ask and I'll try and help you however I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post
    https://www.fabric.com/buy/nr-1630/s...-crochet-hooks

This little device is used on skinny little steel hooks. It is a great invention. It is not quite the same as those hooks that come with a round padding on the end of the shaft.

Addi makes all kinds of hooks, including bamboo. These are fine hooks, with a pointy head and sculpted, sharp groove and throat. Of course, some crocheters don't prefer that kind, but I do.
    I don't know how many in a package but I got mine at the dollar store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Thank you. I love my Addi swing hook
    I just Googled Addi swing hook and some hooks have a curve in them. Is that what they mean by swing in Addi swing hook?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my Addi swing curve hook. It is perfect for my hand.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes you can find them at thrift stores. I have my aunt's hooks.
    Check You Tube. I watched one the other day where she shared her hooks and her opinions.
    Leona

6. Likes kl1000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnleona View Post
    Sometimes you can find them at thrift stores. I have my aunt's hooks.
    Check You Tube. I watched one the other day where she shared her hooks and her opinions.
    Leona
    How do we find this video?

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to add that my favorite brand of hooks are the Knitter's Pride Soft Grip Ergonomic hooks. They have a flatter handle, and work well for me as I am a knife grip crocheter and actually hold my hook quite far down the shank. I have purchased many of them thru this eBay site and they have always had great service and will combine shipping on multiple items. I hope that is ok if I include a plug for this company, they are great to work with.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Knitters-Pr...r=553060480480

Post Thanks / Like
    The majority of hooks are designed for those using the knife grip. I have one of the Knitter's Pride hooks but it is borderline useless to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! Do they have the steel thin hooks in sell?
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    ????????????