Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help with something very basic. 🤔

I have crocheted for a very long time however always chrocheted off watching videos so not too great at reading patterns. 😔 See instruction below. What does the (10) mean? I know it means to repeat but repeat from where? The entire beginning? So repeat 10 times from ch3 till the end?
    Round 1: using Grey Marble, ch 3, 10 dc in 3rd ch from hook, sl st to top of first dc. (10)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kabbydawn,
    The (10) is how many stitches you have for that row.

Post Thanks / Like
    So am I supposed to repeat anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabbydawn View Post
    I have crocheted for a very long time however always chrocheted off watching videos so not too great at reading patterns. �� See instruction below. What does the (10) mean? I know it means to repeat but repeat from where? The entire beginning? So repeat 10 times from ch3 till the end?
    Round 1: using Grey Marble, ch 3, 10 dc in 3rd ch from hook, sl st to top of first dc. (10)
    What is the pattern....??? How many chain stitches are you starting with ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have crocheted for a very long time however always chrocheted off watching videos so not too great at reading patterns. 😔 See instruction below. What does the (10) mean? I know it means to repeat but repeat from where? The entire beginning? So repeat 10 times from ch3 till the end?
    The way I read what you wrote for Row1: You chain 3 then you make 10 dc in the 3rd chain from the hook ( for me that would be your first chain) you slip stitch to the top of the first dc you just made 10. Looks like a circle is started. I don't know what you are making but this is how I read the pattern.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    So am I supposed to repeat anything?
    Hi Kabbydawn,
    From what you told us it doesn't say to repeat so I wouldn't repeat. I don't know what the pattern is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Spoula. The third chain is your anchor with the 10 double crochet stitches going into it,then the slip stitch to top of first dc. You should end up with a circle of 10 double crochet stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    The (10) at the end of the row is how many stitches you should have on this row.
    ---HarriEtta