Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

SIGNING IN/redhead

BarbaraG I figured it out and just now got back in! I am OK now Thanks any way!Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I just sent you a password reset, so my apologies.

Glad to hear from you!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is late you should be sleeping. LOL

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Patty! I am glad to see you here
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

How are you

Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    BarbaraG I figured it out and just now got back in! I am OK now Thanks any way!Patty
    Hi,
    Thinking about you and wondering how you are doing better I hope. Are you able to crochet at all. Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ging36ging, I have slowly started crocheting some and I do mean slowly. I am working on one now and I can't work as fast with the left hand as I would like to. The little finger doesn't want to hold the tension very well and I keep having to re-wrap the yarn around it. Then after I work for a while my left hand begins to ache a little. The fingers on the left hand don't close all the way over to make a fist like the right hand can. When I put my thumb in the fist first, then try to close the other fingers over the thumb, none of them close very far. It is not a tight fist.

Let me tell you a funny story of what happened to me this morning. I accidently knocked my pill box off the head board of my bed . Of course the pill box opened up on it's way down to the floor...under the bed. I AM 86 YEARS OLD ..and you can imagine what happened next. I had to get down on my knees and finally on my belly to reach under the bed to gather up all those pills. I have a "grabber" (one of those rods that help you reach farther than your arm reaches.) I first tried from one side of the bed to reach under and get the pills. That was so slow, but was able to reach some of them. Then I tried to get up to go to the other side of the bed. Well that side has not as much room to get down on my knees. I finally just kinda fell flat down my stomach from my knees That took some moving around to get on my stomach and I haven't been flat on my stomach since I don't know when. I took the grabber and flash light and got them all, I think, finally. ( The pill box was full of pills and both the AM and PM lids came off so there was a lot of pills to fall on the floor. Once I found all of the pills, I had to figure a way to get up. OH yes it was a struggle let me tell you.

I struggled to get off my belly and sit up ,which wasn't easy. There was less room to move around in, on this side of the bed, and the bed had nothing but bed clothes to grab onto. The chest of drawers has big TV on it so I couldn't grab a drawer knob. AND I couldn't push with my left hand (the broken wrist one). I finally did get to my feet! The whole time I was wriggling around on the floor like a worm the commercial kept running thru my mind ...the one where a lady has fallen and she says I've fallen and I can't get up!!"
    Then I started laughing at myself!! At least I think I got all the pills up thanks to that grabber rod XOXOXO redhead/Patty!
    Last edited by redhead; 05-22-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara, I still have to sign in every time. Seems like the computer wont remember me even though I ask it to. Do you know why? redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like

crochet

Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi ging36ging, I have slowly started crocheting some and I do mean slowly. I am working on one now and I can't work as fast with the left hand as I would like to. The little finger doesn't want to hold the tension very well and I keep having to re-wrap the yarn around it. Then after I work for a while my left hand begins to ache a little. The fingers on the left hand don't close all the way over to make a fist like the right hand can. When I put my thumb in the fist first, then try to close the other fingers over the thumb, none of them close very far. It is not a tight fist.

Let me tell you a funny story of what happened to me this morning. I accidently knocked my pill box off the head board of my bed . Of course the pill box opened up on it's way down to the floor...under the bed. I AM 86 YEARS OLD ..and you can imagine what happened next. I had to get down on my knees and finally on my belly to reach under the bed to gather up all those pills. I have a "grabber" (one of those rods that help you reach farther than your arm reaches.) I first tried from one side of the bed to reach under and get the pills. That was so slow, but was able to reach some of them. Then I tried to get up to go to the other side of the bed. Well that side has not as much room to get down on my knees. I finally just kinda fell flat down my stomach from my knees That took some moving around to get on my stomach and I haven't been flat on my stomach since I don't know when. I took the grabber and flash light and got them all, I think, finally. ( The pill box was full of pills and both the AM and PM lids came off so there was a lot of pills to fall on the floor. Once I found all of the pills, I had to figure a way to get up. OH yes it was a struggle let me tell you.

I struggled to get off my belly and sit up ,which wasn't easy. There was less room to move around in, on this side of the bed, and the bed had nothing but bed clothes to grab onto. The chest of drawers has big TV on it so I couldn't grab a drawer knob. AND I couldn't push with my left hand (the broken wrist one). I finally did get to my feet! The whole time I was wriggling around on the floor like a worm the commercial kept running thru my mind ...the one where a lady has fallen and she says I've fallen and I can't get up!!"
    Then I started laughing at myself!! At least I think I got all the pills up thanks to that grabber rod XOXOXO redhead/Patty!
    Hi Patty,
    I feel so bad for you I know just how you feel. I had surgery a couple of yrs ago and went to get out of bed and the bandage caught on the blanket and I fell out of bed and because of the surgery plus I have RSD which is from a surgery I had had on the foot yrs earlier I had a terrible time getting back up on my feet. It's exhausting since I cant get down on my knees because of this problem. I could pic you trying to lay on the floor to pick up all those pills on the floor under the bed is awful no to mention trying to get up with your left hand it's not fun getting old is it. You have to laugh even if it is at ourselves it's the best medicine. I have had to have tendon releases on my hands so sometimes I can crochet but not as long as I like. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself more trying to get those meds. It just seems to take time to heal especially when we get older we just have to take our time. I have to wear the big black boot for an Achilles Tendon tear and the boot rubbing on my toe I got a wound and had to take IV antibiotic's then oral for a wk more it's like cellulitis looks like it's getting better then I have to be fitted for a brace for my foot. I do some quilting and at night watch tv and I have always crocheted then. I just finished an afghan a couple of wks ago a triangle shell pattern I used aqua, aran, and brown variegated it came out really pretty to match the rest of our living room. I have a lot of yarn leftover from other projects not sure what I'll do next I may do some laptops for some gifts for maybe people in nursing homes or veteran's we have a Vet's home not far from here. I never know what I'll work on next. I hope your hand improves soon so you can get back to your crocheting. I'll be 71 June 1st so you do wonderful for your age. Not older just better and the knowledge you have. Take care of yourself and stay in touch. XoXo ging36ging Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sue, It sounds like you have a lot going on in your health problems. I wish you God's blessings . I am praying that you continue to get better soon. I am going to the doctor this morning for either panic attacks or Angina, not sure yet which.
    I have back problems too...my back gives out on me if I am on my feet very long which is a problem when I walk very much. So keep me in your prayers and I will pray for you. XOXOXO, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    Good luck at the Dr today hopefully it is just stress from all your going through. Just having to get those meds is stressful to your body. I'll keep you in my prayers for sure. It seems we all go thru periods of time of illness or some pesty thing why life can't just be pleasant for everyone all the time. Well you take care. Prayers for you and thank you talk to you later. XOXO Sue