Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GramaKate View Post
    I am copying this pattern, what a beauty. I figured the k2tog were just armhole decreases.
    I guess I'll find out more when I start this sweater myself.
    Hello GramaKate,

Yes the k2tog is the decease to start the arm hole. I was over thinking the pattern repeats long before I was at that point in the pattern. I like to read through the pattern and write out each stitch in a row so I won't get lost and have to start over. There are 54 rows of repeats before you get to the k2tog.
    Good luck,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure I will encounter that part soon. Thank you so much.
    Kate

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula,
    If you haven't figured the pattern out yet, when you get to the k2tog part, you start out with 35 sts on your needles ( if you divided the sts correctly - placing the rest on st holders). When it tells you to k2tog and then work to end in pattern, it is telling you to k2tog and then work to the end of the row in the pattern repeat ( basket weave pattern). This portion of the pattern is preparing the arm hole. If you look a couple rows down from where this instruction starts, you will see the st count says you now have 33 or 32 sts left on your needle which correlates to the proper st count. When you k2tog, you are decreasing by 1 st each time. Again, this is helping shape the arm hole. Don't 2nd guess yourself. Just follow exactly what the pattern tells you to do and you should be ok. . Hope this helps.

4. Likes GramaKate liked this post